BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to clear adaptations using ista, but get an error saying that the DME software is not the version expected.
My istep ship is 12-03-503, the actual is 14-11-502.

How do I get the actual to 16-03-502 (or whatever the newest is)?

I have flashed the DME with Esys using psdzdata 59.3 if that helps.

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Latest is 16-07-506
Thanks. I am not sitting at the computer, so I can't remember the exact version. That's what I flashed it with. I flashed all of the ecus, one at a time until all were done. When I pull up the SVT in Esys, the dme is good, but others like CAS still have updates. Hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
7,087 Posts
Thanks. I am not sitting at the computer, so I can't remember the exact version. That's what I flashed it with. I flashed all of the ecus, one at a time until all were done. When I pull up the SVT in Esys, the dme is good, but others like CAS still have updates. Hope that helps.
Ok. That makes sense. 16-07-506 is from ISTA-P v3.59.4.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And you flashed CAS, but it is still saying there are updates?
Yes, it is red/blue in Esys. Doesn't that indicate that the ECU needs updating?

On a separate note, I have kafas2 (spelling may be wrong), showing as an ECU. I know that I FA coded the car to turn this on, but don't remember what I added. Do you happen to know that FA code turns this on? It's the speed limit sign reading. Thanks. I need to take that back out because I don't have the correct cameras.

·
Super Moderator
7,087 Posts
Yes, it is red/blue in Esys. Doesn't that indicate that the ECU needs updating?

On a separate note, I have kafas2 (spelling may be wrong), showing as an ECU. I know that I FA coded the car to turn this on, but don't remember what I added. Do you happen to know that FA code turns this on? It's the speed limit sign reading. Thanks. I need to take that back out because I don't have the correct cameras.
If you have red SVTtarget that is higher than blue SVTactual, then there is update available. You can also check in Tal-Processing for software availability.

KAFAS2 is the upgraded camera, instead of FLA, that is flush with front windshield behind rear-view mirror and is used in multiple driver assistance packages (SLI, LDW, etc) as well as LED lighting package for NGHB.

FLA:

KAFAS2:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you have red SVTtarget that is higher than blue SVTactual, then there is update available. You can also check in Tal-Processing for software availability.

KAFAS2 is the upgraded camera, instead of FLA, that is flush with front windshield behind rear-view mirror and is used in multiple driver assistance packages (SLI, LDW, etc) as well as LED lighting package for NGHB.
Thanks. I know that I don't have kafas2. I put a code in the FA that turned it on, but the camera is not there and the ECU is not either. When I go to code it, I can't communicate with it. I just need to remove the FA code, but I can't remember the code. Do you know the FA code that is the SLI, ldw, ... Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,087 Posts
Thanks. I know that I don't have kafas2. I put a code in the FA that turned it on, but the camera is not there and the ECU is not either. When I go to code it, I can't communicate with it. I just need to remove the FA code, but I can't remember the code. Do you know the FA code that is the SLI, ldw, ... Thanks
8TH Speed Limit Info

·
Super Moderator
7,087 Posts
I removed 8th and kafas2 is still there. Is there another code. For ldw, or SLI maybe.
ECU's should not just appear on their own because you add or remove FA options. There are lots SA codes. 5AS and 5AT are the main ones.

Check out TM's NCD / CAFD tool. In FA / FP section, FA Viewer, you can load own FA and use search options to view your own (left) and all possible options (right).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts