BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi E39ers,

I'm in AZ, (an Ethanol-mandated State) and finding "pure gas", has been a challenge.

While trying to come up with some pre-emptive measures to counter effects of Ethanol on my E39. I did a quick research and stumbled upon "Mix-I-Go" mfd by Bell Performance.

For those who've tried it, what are the pros and cons that you've noticed ???

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
"Mix-I-Go" mfd by Bell Performance
Since many of us may never have heard of the product named "Mix-I-Go", it would be worthwhile to add a basic reference to the relevant home page so we can evaluate users' experiences against what the manufacturer is claiming.

Here's what the manufacturer seems to be 'claiming'.

Solve Ethanol Problems and Improve Your Gasoline - Treat Them with Mix-I-Go

What's in a name? The name Mix-I-Go is the father of the automobile fuel additive industry in the United States and has come to mean quality and commercial-grade performance for everyone who uses it, whether Sunday driver or commercial fleets running on ethanol.
Today, there is a Mix-I-Go formulation for whatever you need to treat. All Mix-I-Go formulations can be used in any kind of gasoline-powered engine, and are especially suitable for engines and vehicles burning any of the ethanol blends in the marketplace today.

MIX-I-GO CONCENTRATE - the flagship formulation, first formulated in 1927 but long since improved, offering tremendous value for every consumer who uses it. Just one ounce treats 10 gallons of fuel, meaning a 16 oz or 32 oz bottle can treat 10-20 tanks of fuel, depending on the size of your fuel tank.
We find slightly clarified claims here at Bell Performance's web site:

MIX-I-GO CONCENTRATE is the commercial-grade solution to ethanol problems. It solves ethanol problems by restoring lost mileage, protecting against ethanol solvency and damage, dissolving gums and resins created by ethanol and dispersing water pulled into the fuel from the air by the ethanol itself.

After what's on the outside of the can, the next logical step is to list what is inside the can.

Reading the Mix-I-Go MSDS (#182896), 92% of the liquid inside the can is our old friend, 'stoddard solvent' (i.e., common 'mineral spirits'), which we have seen in other products we've explored.

Given the alcohol-relationship in the claims, see also this related discussion:
- Discussion about ethanol in gasoline for the BMW E39 (1) (2)

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the reply, but allow me to clarify my initial intention (as in my IP), it is to generate discussions of actual hands-on experiences by possible end-users of "Mix-I-Go" (Stoddard Solvent or Mineral Spirit?) as I'm pretty confident, most of us has researched what's on the mfr's website already !!!!

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
to generate discussions of actual hands-on experiences by possible end-users of "Mix-I-Go"
I understand. Nothing I said prevents that from happening.

In fact, since I had never heard of Mix-I-Go, I had first searched both the bestlinks and bimmerfest, before I had replied - and realized nobody on Bimmerfest had put that name in the title. Therefore, this thread will probably become the canonical thread on the product (and, to help, I added it already to the bestlinks for future reference).

This is all good.

Any following user experiences should at least start with knowledge of what the manufacturer intended the additive to do & what the additive 'can' actually do.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts