BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a quote from a dealer in California for EU Delivery. I think its way out of line with what should be considered reasonable. Am I missing someting? If you have any thoughts, let me know. Thanks for any advise you give!

328i Convertible
Metallic Paint
Cold Weather Pkg
Premium Pkg
Sport Pkg
Comfort Access
Nav
Ipod
Sat Radio
Park Distance
Wind Deflector
MSRP $54,145

For regular delivery the dealer quoted me $51,180, $2,080 over invoice (Invoice $49,300)
For EU Delivery the dealer quoted me $50,272, $3,757 over invoice (Invoice $46,515)

The savings on EU delivery is only $1,108 vs the $3,025 that the BMW website shows the discount for EU delivery to be.

**These prices were just given to me - no negotiating. I'm going in Friday to negotiate price. I don't plan on paying $2,080 over invoice for regular delivery - and FOR SURE don't plan on paying $3,757 over invoice for the EU delivery**

·
Registered
856 Posts
I just got a quote from a dealer in California for EU Delivery. I think its way out of line with what should be considered reasonable. Am I missing someting? If you have any thoughts, let me know. Thanks for any advise you give!

328i Convertible
Metallic Paint
Cold Weather Pkg
Premium Pkg
Sport Pkg
Comfort Access
Nav
Ipod
Sat Radio
Park Distance
Wind Deflector
MSRP $54,145

For regular delivery the dealer quoted me $51,180, $2,080 over invoice (Invoice $49,300)
For EU Delivery the dealer quoted me $50,272, $3,757 over invoice (Invoice $46,515)

The savings on EU delivery is only $1,108 vs the $3,025 that the BMW website shows the discount for EU delivery to be.

**These prices were just given to me - no negotiating. I'm going in Friday to negotiate price. I don't plan on paying $2,080 over invoice for regular delivery - and FOR SURE don't plan on paying $3,757 over invoice for the EU delivery**
Why waste time going in to negotiate. Buy or lease from a Board Sponsor. They can ship the car to your local dealer for a very modest charge.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Why waste time going in to negotiate. Buy or lease from a Board Sponsor. They can ship the car to your local dealer for a very modest charge.
No kidding, go call Philippe K in LA. Take delivery in Socal and enjoy the top down drive along the coast.

Erik

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Makes me wonder why I am wasting my breath on newbies:tsk: They Never listen... :p

Look... contact the board sponsors... PK is in L.A. and I don't know why you want to spend you time anything/anyone else. Unless you just want to ...;)

Click here for a list of bimmerfest sponsors ;)

http://directory.bimmerfest.com/siteSponsor.php?action=listsitesponsorindex

Oh Hell!! Let me save you the 2 clicks and just look at his banner

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Listen to Bee. But if you really, really want to deal with someone local in the Bay Area, there are two other options:
  1. Do a search for a few references that have been posted on this board over the past couple of years.
  2. Or send me a PM. I went to a local dealer where I'm a return customer, did no bargaining whatsoever (its not my thing), told the sales manager what I wanted, and he came close enough to some of the posted deals that we both went away happy. (I don't recommend this approach for everyone--it depends on what you want in the way of local service, local contacts, etc., and how far you are willing to deviate from the absolute lowest price.)

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
It looks to me like you are expecting the ED discount from an already discounted/negotiated price.. The ED discount of 7%(published by BMWNA) is a discount from MSRP.

So basically take 7% from your $54,xxx and then start negotiating.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It looks to me like you are expecting the ED discount from an already discounted/negotiated price.. The ED discount of 7%(published by BMWNA) is a discount from MSRP.

So basically take 7% from your $54,xxx and then start negotiating.
Uh. I would start negotiating from ED invoice, and would stop at $1,000 over invoice inclusive of any dealer fees.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts

328i Convertible
Metallic Paint
Cold Weather Pkg
Premium Pkg
Sport Pkg
Comfort Access
Nav
Ipod
Sat Radio
Park Distance
Wind Deflector
MSRP $54,145

What dealer is telling you this crap?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
What dealer is telling you this crap?
LMAO that's more than I'm paying for my e93-35...LOL

Of course, I don't have half of the OP's options, but that's still a ridiculous quote. :thumbdwn::yikes::thumbdwn::tsk:

OP: I see that you're in Walnut Creek. I can give you my CA's contact info if you'd like. He's not a sponsor, but is well recommended in the Bay Area.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.