BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
As I sit here staring at my dead bug covered EU license plate, waiting for my 330i to arrive next month, I'm brainstorming for ideas of what to do with it. I saw the poster who creatively mounted it on the inside of his trunk. Anyone else have any clever ideas? I was thinking of mounting it onto a board along with the german title booklet and and matting and framing the whole thing along with maybe a picture from my ED trip. I will surely send a pic of it if that's what I do. I would really love to put it on my car, but alas, I live in CA and one of the few drawbacks to the Cali life is having to have both plates on my car.

Any suggestions?

Thx,

A

·
Registered
852 Posts
I live in CA too - I have my Euro plate on the front and my CA plate on the back. Same number. Never ever had an issue (although I hear if you leave it @ LAX that might invite a fix it ticket).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm...

Yeah, it's funny. I've noticed some heinous disregard for license plate laws in CA. I've gotten a fix it ticket because someone stole my registration sticker of my plate. It's quite a hassle to get fixed and I'd rather not invite the attention. You've been lucky so far.

·
Happily Driving
7,205 Posts
I'd start by cleaning off the dead bugs... ;)

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
torrentami said:
Hi Everyone,
As I sit here staring at my dead bug covered EU license plate, waiting for my 330i to arrive next month, I'm brainstorming for ideas of what to do with it. I saw the poster who creatively mounted it on the inside of his trunk. Anyone else have any clever ideas? I was thinking of mounting it onto a board along with the german title booklet and and matting and framing the whole thing along with maybe a picture from my ED trip. I will surely send a pic of it if that's what I do. I would really love to put it on my car, but alas, I live in CA and one of the few drawbacks to the Cali life is having to have both plates on my car.

Any suggestions?

Thx,

A
Search for a post here with a deep box mount. It looks really good. The frame is several inches deep, and the plate sticks out from the back by an inch or so, so it looks like it's floating.

Or just nail it to your garage wall.

·
Registered
101 Posts
torrentami said:
I was thinking of mounting it onto a board along with the german title booklet and and matting and framing the whole thing along with maybe a picture from my ED trip.
Wow, that's a great idea. :thumbup: I'd planned on just nailing the plate to the garage wall...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
which plate

Me530 said:
I'd start by cleaning off the dead bugs... ;)
tell me about it. I forgot to ask them to remove the clean one from the rear, but by the end of my trip I didn't care. I figured I'd just clean it when I got home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.