BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
desmoquattro addict
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, 1 week until pickup! :thumb:

I've been reviewing rules of the road for Europe and a few sources seem to indicate that a country plaque is required for all cars crossing borders. You know, those little white oval stickers that say "GB" "D" "F" etc.

Does this rule apply to tourist cars? And if so, does BMW help you out with it or are you on your own?

Also read that headlight pattern adapters are required for left-hand drive cars entering England. Do they really check for these things at the border?

cc: the Org

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Sorry it was my bad, so deleted the post.

You can have the D stickers from the dealer in Munich. Only 'D' will be enough. Don't think that you'll need France and UK stickers.

Ask the guy in Munich, he'll help you.

Drive safe and happy pick up :)

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
you certainly wouldn't need multiple stickers. The purpose is to identify the car's country of origin (where it's registered). But you probably know that.

·
Registered
738 Posts
If you notice, the old European plates had just the letters/numbers on them, while the new European Union plates have the letter of the country of origin on the little blue strip (ex. D, GB, F, P, E, etc) This makes it easier ot identify. I wonder if they would still require the sticker on your car since you'll be getting the newer design plates.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
DrBimmer said:
If you notice, the old European plates had just the letters/numbers on them, while the new European Union plates have the letter of the country of origin on the little blue strip (ex. D, GB, F, P, E, etc) This makes it easier ot identify. I wonder if they would still require the sticker on your car since you'll be getting the newer design plates.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing at first. But then I suddenly remembered that the customs plates don't have the blue strip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts