BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Shawn and other nav upgrade champions. I have been looking round here for a while - no useful info for my issue.

I have S606 Business nav using M-ASK ll with MOST. I'm interested in going to CHAMP2 (pn 9331597). Alpine AL2026. There's very little info around for this specific HU. I gather it is CIC-MID?? Has full set of connectors on the back. I happen to have gotten one cheaply.

Have plugged it into the car and there are problems. It seems to power up - internal LED on. Sadly the wipers come on randomly too... Much of the rest of the car appears to work. However INPA only sees a very few of my 30 other modules when this HU is plugged in. INPA does not see anything around the address 62 area. Everything goes back to normal when I put back the M-ASK HU.

So - is it likely this can be made to work? I am a retired electronics engineer. I'm interested in better nav and USB; maybe full voice control.

Thanks in advance, Chris

·
Registered
473 Posts
The CHAMP2 (called CIC_MID in the parts catalog) was introduced on F-series BMW. I don't see how it would work on an E61/E60. There are no coding files for it. The CIC "Professional Nav" would be an easier upgrade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts