BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tempted to put a customized front Euro license plate on my 2003 530i.

The cost is listed:
1. Euro license plate holder ($46 from local dealer)
2. Customized Euro license plate ($55) from Bimmian.com
3. Paint job for the holder (I will find out the price from a body shop tomorrow).

I am wondering if anyone has gone through the process? Has anyone ordered the plate from Bimmian or any other retailers? Any experience to share?

I live in CA, where front license plate is required. However, looking around, I have found a good number of cars that do no observe the code. In case I get a "Fix it" ticket, does anyone know how much it will cost. I am under the impression that it will cost less than $20 for court/handling fee, but was told this morning by a BMW dealer that the police now hand out $150 for the "Fix it". Anyone idea?

Thanks.

·
YOU ARE NEXT!
1,036 Posts
Paid about $20 for mine. Thats about right.
Stay away from Glendale, they love to give tickets for no front plates and parking in reverse.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did the same thing to my 2000 528i. I ordered the holder from Bavauto.com...$16 or somewhere around that. I ordered the plate from www.germanplates.com. I don't know about painting the holder....my car has the black molding that matched the holder. Let me know what you find out.

·
I glow in the dark
580 Posts
JumpMan495 said:
its less than $30 on Germanplates.com
is that for the plate and the holder ? so I just need to order this and i can install it on my car without any problems ?

·
Sleeper
430 Posts
i believe it comes with holder, but ask them before you place that order just to ensure.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Car came back to US with them still installed. Now granted they are usareur plates but who cars. AD-AJ-987 Sorry guys for some reason, I'm lost. I was supposed to be in the E30 section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts