BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I will be picking up my 330Ci on ED in Sept.

How can I find out what accessories I can get that are not available in the US. Is there a catalog available?

Also, anyone have the e-mail address for the parts dept. at the big dealership near the delivery center.

Thanks,

RDB
 

·
Color blind photographer
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
I pick up my 330 Ci on Sep 3rd in Munich. I've tried finding an email address to the nearby dealership too but so far haven't. Luckily my salesman here was born and raised in Munich and is making an appointment at the dealership (he's calling) for me to change out the steering wheel (getting a M wheel) and some other goodies at much less than in the US.
If you find an email address please post. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
beauport said:
I pick up my 330 Ci on Sep 3rd in Munich. I've tried finding an email address to the nearby dealership too but so far haven't. Luckily my salesman here was born and raised in Munich and is making an appointment at the dealership (he's calling) for me to change out the steering wheel (getting a M wheel) and some other goodies at much less than in the US.
If you find an email address please post. Thanks.
Be VERY careful with changing stuff out on ED. When the car comes to the VPC in the US they will most likely change to US spec pieces. So if you have them install a different steering wheel, be prepared to pay a bill once the car shows up at the dealer. If you want to buy some parts over there and instlal them here go right ahead, but you will have to carry them on your person or luggage, do NOT put them in the car and be shipped with the car. Also ED requires BMW to put a first aid kit and a warning trianlge in the car- REMOVE these before drop off or they will NOT be there when the car shows up at your dealer a few months later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
beauport said:
I pick up my 330 Ci on Sep 3rd in Munich. I've tried finding an email address to the nearby dealership too but so far haven't. Luckily my salesman here was born and raised in Munich and is making an appointment at the dealership (he's calling) for me to change out the steering wheel (getting a M wheel) and some other goodies at much less than in the US.
If you find an email address please post. Thanks.
Good deal, beauport -- I also have a Sept 3rd pickup date in Munich on my orient blue/sand 330i. Will be spending 2 weeks in Europe. Counting down the days . . . . .and here's to hoping the car won't take too long to come back stateside.

Anyone else out there with Sept 3rd ED?
 

·
Elected by grace
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Jinky206 said:
Can someone state how long the whole process of ED usually takes from the time the car gets ordered till I have it in my hands.

thanks,

Jin
Well, to give you an idea here are my kidneystone dates:

Order Date: 15 JAN '01
Build Date: 23 FEB
Pickup in Munich: 21 MAR
Dropoff in Munich: 29 MAR
Arrived at VPC in NY: 17 APR
Arrived at Dealership: 2 MAY
Pickup at Dealership: 4 MAY

You normally should allow at least 90 days from order to pickup date, but if your dealer has an allocation within that window and it is still available or modifiable, AND BMWNA has an available pickup date during that window, then they (BMWNA) may grant an exception.

Hope this helps.
 

·
Color blind photographer
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
Bruce, thanks about the ED parts change out caution. I'll talk to my salesman once again to be sure. Last thing I want is to pay for an M steering wheel and have it installed in Munich only to find that they're changing the wheel out in New Jersey when the boat arrives. Yes, I've been told that absolutely nothing stays in the car besides the jack/tool kit when I turn the car in or it will be gone. I plan to take with me the floor mats, original wheel and any other goodies I pick up there. Do you think the same rules apply if they'd install the CD changer in Munich?
 

·
Color blind photographer
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
rkny said:


Good deal, beauport -- I also have a Sept 3rd pickup date in Munich on my orient blue/sand 330i. Will be spending 2 weeks in Europe. Counting down the days . . . . .and here's to hoping the car won't take too long to come back stateside.

Anyone else out there with Sept 3rd ED?
Whereabouts in Europe are you going after you pick up the car?
We sort of did the ED thing by accident as we were going to Switzerland for our annual get away/hiking trip and the dealer mentioned picking up the car while there. Can't wait to try out the car in the Alps.
 

·
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT
Joined
·
1,094 Posts
A reply to last two posts...

1. CD installation in Munich
Two weeks ago when I picked up my 325xit in Munich, my ED representative, Michael, told me that I should not buy a CD changer in Munich because the European spec and US spec changers were different [Do CD's have "regional coding" like DVD's?]. Also, a CD changer would need to be removed prior to drop-off for shipping. I didn't want to have to carry the thing home with me on the plane; I was already taking the front Euro license plate, the first aid kit and the warning triangle.

2. Switzerland
Drop-off at the E.H.Harms affiliate in Geneva (H. Ritschard & Cie.) was very easy. The location is the cargo building next to the airport. We were leaving the next day, so we took the city bus back to the city center for 1.5 swiss francs (a cab ride back to the airport in a new S-class cost about 45 francs).

3. European navigation CD
BMW does NOT provide Euro Nav CD's. They cost about $100 + S&H in the US, and were about $150 at the European Delivery Center in Munich. [Here comes the shameless pitch]. Look on the items for sale posts for the central Europe CD that I'll send you so you can save $. Having the nav CD eliminated a lot of stress for my navigator, a.k.a. wife.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
beauport said:


Whereabouts in Europe are you going after you pick up the car?
We sort of did the ED thing by accident as we were going to Switzerland for our annual get away/hiking trip and the dealer mentioned picking up the car while there. Can't wait to try out the car in the Alps.
haha, sounds like my story. I had signed up for an mid-August US delivery of a 330i back in early July, then a couple of days later as we were planning a vacation we thought -- why not Europe! then we thought -- why not ED on the 330i! A few calls with the dealer later (my sales rep has been absolutely awesome in this whole process:thumbup: email me if anyone's looking in NYC area), and voila, my order was switched over to European Delivery (with the appropriate adjustment of invoice price given, of course). So now I have a Sept. 3rd date in Munich :thumbup:

we were planning on driving through Switzerland to the south of France, then eventually make our way up to Paris and drop off the car there. I agree with you -- can't wait to try out the car on the autobahn AND the alps. It's going to be fun. Good info here on the accessories . . . I guess I won't be buying anything I can't carry with me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
The "remove every thing before you drop of your car" statement is not true! Nothing was removed from my car after drop off. When I asked the E.H.Harms rep about the tags he told me that at least one has to remain with the car for customs. My floor mats. first aid kit. Triangle,and both plates were all still installed when I picked up my car. As far as accessories, I was told they do not stock a U.S. spec CD changer at the Nederlassung center and that it would be better to get it it the U.S..
 

·
Color blind photographer
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
WRS said:
The "remove every thing before you drop of your car" statement is not true! Nothing was removed from my car after drop off. When I asked the E.H.Harms rep about the tags he told me that at least one has to remain with the car for customs. My floor mats. first aid kit. Triangle,and both plates were all still installed when I picked up my car. As far as accessories, I was told they do not stock a U.S. spec CD changer at the Nederlassung center and that it would be better to get it it the U.S..
WRS, thanks for the info. While your delivery turned out well and you received all the things you left in the car I still have to think about why everyone, including the BMWUSA.COM site says to take everything out. Since they provide this warning, if items are taken out of the car I'm sure they are not going to be liable for them.

I think I'll play it safe and get the CD changer installed once I have the car in the US. Still going to have the M steering wheel put in as they can't move the car without a steering wheel.
 

·
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT
Joined
·
1,094 Posts
beauport said:


WRS, thanks for the info. While your delivery turned out well and you received all the things you left in the car I still have to think about why everyone, including the BMWUSA.COM site says to take everything out. Since they provide this warning, if items are taken out of the car I'm sure they are not going to be liable for them.

I think I'll play it safe and get the CD changer installed once I have the car in the US. Still going to have the M steering wheel put in as they can't move the car without a steering wheel.
Don't forget to remove your Nav CD (it's in the mail);)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
Re: RDB...

Lansing said:
When did you order the car. I am trying to do the same, but am worried it might be too late for an 02.

Did you contemplate 02 versus 03?
You can't order any 02 now. 02 production either ended in July or will shortly. Most years the factory is shut down for most of August. If you wanted an 02 for US delivery you would have had to order in May for July production. For ED you haev to order even earlier than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lansing...

My production date is Aug8/02. I ordered in June6/02 for Aug30/02 delivery.

I know that MY03 production starts in mid October. You might be able to still get an 02.

Best thing is to have your dealer call BMWNA Euro delivery to see if there are any factory allocations still open.

I was planning my vacation around the car delivery. Oct was too late for me, so I had to go for and '02.

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
beauport said:
I pick up my 330 Ci on Sep 3rd in Munich. I've tried finding an email address to the nearby dealership too but so far haven't. Luckily my salesman here was born and raised in Munich and is making an appointment at the dealership (he's calling) for me to change out the steering wheel (getting a M wheel) and some other goodies at much less than in the US.
If you find an email address please post. Thanks.
Hi beauport -- I was just wondering if you were successful in getting an email address to the nearby BMW dealership? I think I want to to pick up some small accessories and bring them back, like the split mirror.

Also, is your car built yet? I originally had a August 9th built date, according to the website -- I check on Friday and to my surprise, it shows my car has been built! My car now exists! I hope they keep it indoors and all . . .looking forward to my vacation . . . .

Thanks.
 

·
Color blind photographer
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
Hi RKNY, we must be following the same paths. My car had a production date of Aug 9th as well and when I went to the dealer on Friday to pay for the car Joern told me the car was built and waiting. On Sunday the Owner's Circle caught up and said that as well.
I am sending you a PM about the information about my local dealership.
Less than a month to Munich!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top