BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible that the ED center will install the Euro plate frame as opposed to the US plate frame? I live in NC and we don't have to use front plates here but when I get the car back stateside I wanted to keep my front Euro plate on. Let me know, thx

·
Registered
171 Posts
Does anyone know if it's possible that the ED center will install the Euro plate frame as opposed to the US plate frame? I live in NC and we don't have to use front plates here but when I get the car back stateside I wanted to keep my front Euro plate on. Let me know, thx
For the 5 series there is not a front Euro plate bracket like the big blocky one used for US spec cars. It is simply a thin frame (usually with dealer info) much like what is on the majority of US cars. You can not get the car delivered without the US bracket installed. Although you might want to pick up a long Euro plate frame from an autoparts store while in Germany, remove the blocky US front bracket, and reinstall the Euro plate using the holes already drilled.

You might be able to get a free Euro plate frame from a dealer, but it will have the dealers info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts