Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am sure that this subject has been discussed sometime ago but I could not find it. I would appreciate how BMW ED works especially in terms of what is included such as part of airfair, etc - they seem to be missing @ BMW's website. I am familiar with the Volvo OSD program but I know BMW ED is a bit different. My current plan is to take an ED around last week of 9/2006 and return 2 wks later. I will be purchasing 2007 525i 6spd manual.
Thanks.

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,013 Posts
racedriver said:
Hi,
I am sure that this subject has been discussed sometime ago but I could not find it. I would appreciate how BMW ED works especially in terms of what is included such as part of airfair, etc - they seem to be missing @ BMW's website. I am familiar with the Volvo OSD program but I know BMW ED is a bit different. My current plan is to take an ED around last week of 9/2006 and return 2 wks later. I will be purchasing 2007 525i 6spd manual.
Thanks.
BMW includes the car at a discounted price. That's about it. They did have a 2-for-1 airfare deal with Lufthansa but so far that hasn't been renewed for 2006.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
racedriver said:
Hi,
Thanks.
I'm not sure you can get a MY 2007 car for European Delivery in Sept. Usually production for the new year changes in September (unless there's a new model intro such as the March 2005 intro of the 3er for 2006). Since the car has to be produced at least 30 days prior to delivery, that would mean August production. Of course, this is not a 100% certainty, but it's how it would usually work.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Jspira said:
I'm not sure you can get a MY 2007 car for European Delivery in Sept. Usually production for the new year changes in September (unless there's a new model intro such as the March 2005 intro of the 3er for 2006). Since the car has to be produced at least 30 days prior to delivery, that would mean August production. Of course, this is not a 100% certainty, but it's how it would usually work.
:stupid: to be safe go for 1st or 2nd week of Oct.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your inputs.
I have sent few emails to nearby dealerships yesterday regarding ED but no responses so far. I guess they do not want to deal with it.
BTW, when does Oktoberfest begin/end?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
racedriver said:
Thanks for your inputs.
BTW, when does Oktoberfest begin/end?
Last week of Sept and 1st week of Oct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts