BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BMW
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about ready to place an order for 2003 330 CIC. Plan to do the European Delivery process. I have several questions before I go to dealerships to obtain best price.

330 CIC

ED MSRP $39,895
ED Invoice $36,305

Is it possible to approach dealer and work with ED Invoice + Dealer profit of ~1500. What are you thoughts.

1) Does this car come from his alloaction? Does this work in my favor when negotiating?

2) How is sales tax calculating when registering car in hoem state. Do they use actual 100% ED price. Or is it a residual % , considering it is used when arriving in the states

3) Any other dealer add-on besides tax,title,regs, and destination and handling that I can expect.

Thanks in advance. Just enjoy reading this site and its topics.

·
Awesome power!
4,851 Posts
There are some good threads here and on http://www.e46fanatics.com (and elsewhere) that you might search out for answers to your various questions. Run a search on "European Delivery." One in particular titled "Thoughts on European Delivery" has some relevant pricing/negotiation information. Basically you get 7% off the base price (I did, anyway) and whatever you can negotiate otherwise. One guy says that there is a discount sheet for ED options as well, but I, alas, did not know about this and was not offered any other discounts. As far as taxes are concerned, you'll only pay on the total price after discount. In any event, it's a great experience--especially the factory tour. Don't miss it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Loubct -- good luck to you. I ordered my ED car in early July and I think the price you quoted is realistic (ED invoice + around 1500). On the sales tax, unfortunately it's based on the new car sales price, as oppose to some lower percentage. Hope that helps.

·
BMW
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies so far. However my concern is being able to bargain on a 330 CIC. Looking at BMW sales, I fel there is more bargain power on the sedans, a liitle on the coupes but demand may still be high on convertibles. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
105 Posts
you can also check out the euro delivery section of my website: http://www.325Ci.com/

> Is it possible to approach dealer and work with ED Invoice + Dealer profit of ~1500. What are you thoughts.

yes, and you are in CT? is that a big BMW town? if so, $1500 profit is reasonable.

> 1) Does this car come from his alloaction? Does this work in my favor when negotiating?

no, doesn't come from his allocation. yes, will help with negotiating.

> 2) How is sales tax calculating when registering car in hoem state. Do they use actual 100% ED price. Or is it a residual % , considering it is used when arriving in the states

sales tax is based on actual sale price that is on your receipt. good point and you're right-- BMW can offer lower prices on the ED cars because they are "used" cars when they come to the US. but the sale itself is on a new car, so you pay taxes on the actual ED price.

> 3) Any other dealer add-on besides tax,title,regs, and destination and handling that I can expect.

nope, there should be none other than the standard stuff above. they will charge the standard destination fee, so don't try to argue that. afterall, the car is delivered from new jersey to your home dealer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Mike

I scoped your site last year when I was getting ready to do ED. It was a great place to get started. :thumbup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
It appears to me one of the best advantages of going for ED is that you can get the lighter wood, I "wood" make sure you do that, it looks awesome, if I recall Nat did it here, the lighter wood seems to go with any interior...

·
Registered
590 Posts
unleasHell said:
It appears to me one of the best advantages of going for ED is that you can get the lighter wood, I "wood" make sure you do that, it looks awesome, if I recall Nat did it here, the lighter wood seems to go with any interior...
You can't get any options other than standard US spec options. In fact, dealers are often more reluctant to do anything remotely unique on a ED car.

I got the birch trim by ordering it from a dealership in Munich months before I went. Nowadays, people are claiming to be able to get the trim from their local US dealerships at good prices.

The advantage I found in ED was saving $5,000+ on my car while taking an amazing vacation. I can't wait to go again!

--gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts