BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Not a Bimmer driver anymo
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today's my flight out to Munich! My delivery isn't until April 28th, but I'm going out early because (as some of you may already know) I'm getting married on April 25th at 4pm in Munich!! We actually planned the wedding around the ED, with the two-weeks of driving being our honeymoon. Yes, my future-bride is pretty awesome for working with me on this one! She's also made me promise that she gets to drive in the Alps :thumbup:

Final Itinerary - yes it's very hectic, but we really wanted to take advantage of having the car with us!

4/19-4/28: Munich (with day trips to Ulm, Neuschwanstein, and Rothenburg odT)
4/28-4/29 Innsbruck, Austria
4/30-5/2 Lake Como (with a day trip to see the Last Supper in Milan - my fiancée is an art historian)
5/3: Nice/Monte-Carlo
5/4-5/5 Burgundy region of France
5/6-5/10: Paris, France

I'll be sure to update this thread with details as I get a chance, but no later than 12hrs after pickup! :thumbup:

Thanks a million to everyone on here. Even when you weren't answering my questions, I was learning from all of your posts. This trip wouldn't be nearly the same without all the information available from Bimmerfest! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
<- Bailey
7,656 Posts
Congratulations!! Show the bride your appreciation and take her to the Swarovski store in Innsbruck. It is fantastic! It is well located in town.

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Congratulations Gig... Can't wait for the pictures and the full report. Wishing you and your new bride a great time on your ED and life adventure together! :)

·
Freude am Fahren
19,696 Posts
Gratuliere! Mazel tov.

One request: be careful attaching all the cans on a string to the back of your new car :D and watch out where you tape the sign so you don't damage the paint.

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Monaco will be great. You will go absolutely crazy when you see all of the yachts and exotic cars. The last time I was there I saw an F40, an Enzo, 9 Phantoms and 4 Maybachs in addition to all of the other Ferrari's and Bentley's. You should also try to take some pictures of your new BMW on some of the famous parts of the F1 circuit (Grand Hotel Hairpin & coming out of the tunnel).

·
Not a Bimmer driver anymo
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today I stopped by the Welt, since I had about a hour to kill and an all day MVV pass. I guess it might have stolen some of the awe to next week, but I could not wait. What an amazing building. No wonder some call it a work of art! I checked out the displays and one thing that stood out a bit was the room about the individual bmw with the options. Was i not BMW obsessed,I think the hydrogen and efficient dynamics would be much cooler. But as it is, i know a lot of both already.

I also went up and met Thomas, because we decided (after Irv's half-joking suggestion) to show up in our wedding outfits to the delivery! So Thomas put in a note to put us on the podiums across from the Int'l Cafe! Pretty neat.

More to come in less than a week!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Well, today's my flight out to Munich! My delivery isn't until April 28th, but I'm going out early because (as some of you may already know) I'm getting married on April 25th at 4pm in Munich!! We actually planned the wedding around the ED, with the two-weeks of driving being our honeymoon. Yes, my future-bride is pretty awesome for working with me on this one! She's also made me promise that she gets to drive in the Alps :thumbup:

Final Itinerary - yes it's very hectic, but we really wanted to take advantage of having the car with us!

4/30-5/2 Lake Como (with a day trip to see the Last Supper in Milan - my fiancée is an art historian)

I'll be sure to update this thread with details as I get a chance, but no later than 12hrs after pickup! :thumbup:

Thanks a million to everyone on here. Even when you weren't answering my questions, I was learning from all of your posts. This trip wouldn't be nearly the same without all the information available from Bimmerfest! :thumbup::thumbup:
If you don't have a reservation to see the last supper get on it now.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Congratulations!! Show the bride your appreciation and take her to the Swarovski store in Innsbruck. It is fantastic! It is well located in town.
... and there is that walkway ice cream shop just down and around the corner from the Swarovski shop. Check out the Green Apple Ice Cream. Last time we were there in July of 07 they were still only charging one Euro for a cone.

Enjoy the trip/wedding/honeymoon.

Check link below for an "aerial" view of Innsbruck as seen from the top of ski jump tram (itself worth a visit and they have a nice little retaurant up on top as well.)

Just ask for directions to the Bergisel Skisprung (Skijumping station). It is not too far from the Olympic stadium.

(Scroll down to post #5 on the linked thread for the photos of the Bergiesel Skisprung and "aerial" view of Innsbruck from the top. (The restaurant is in the glass fronted structure at the very top. The design is snake shaped and was created by a famous woman architect from Iraq.)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278925

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
... and there is that walkway ice cream shop just down and around the corner from the Swarovski shop. Check out the Green Apple Ice Cream. Last time we were there in July of 07 they were still only charging one Euro for a cone.

Enjoy the trip/wedding/honeymoon.

Check link below for an "aerial" view of Innsbruck as seen from the top of ski jump tram (itself worth a visit and they have a nice little retaurant up on top as well.)

Just ask for directions to the Bergisel Skisprung (Skijumping station). It is not too far from the Olympic stadium.

(Scroll down to post #5 on the linked thread for the photos of the Bergiesel Skisprung and "aerial" view of Innsbruck from the top. (The restaurant is in the glass fronted structure at the very top. The design is snake shaped and was created by a famous woman architect from Iraq.)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278925
And here is a link to the above referenced "restaurant" at the very top of the snake structure with its glass front.

http://www.binders.at/de-kultur_sportstaetten-bergiselskispringen.htm

284 Posts

Based on what you tell me, you got a great new bimmer. better yet, you have an awesome/understanding wife. congrats on both. safe travels.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Congrats on the wedding and delivery. All you need is a conception for the trifecta! :D

Erik
LOL!:rofl:

Gig, Enjoy the trip and the wedding. It is something that you will never forget!

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you don't have a reservation to see the last supper get on it now.
Ditto. I was reading the thread to see if this suggestion was going to me made and VIZSLA passed it on. You will be unable to see The Last Supper without advance reservations.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Ditto. I was reading the thread to see if this suggestion was going to me made and VIZSLA passed it on. You will be unable to see The Last Supper without advance reservations.
For those who did see the Last Supper, how was it?

Because I heard it's really bleak now, severely damaged by Napoleon troops & other calamities...

·
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!
742 Posts
CONGRATS in the trip!!! Please post some images of the happy day...both the wedding AND the delivery!!! WOO HOOO

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
For those who did see the Last Supper, how was it?

Because I heard it's really bleak now, severely damaged by Napoleon troops & other calamities...
Still worth seeing. It's awesome when you take into context who painted it and what it has endured over the years.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts