BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question:

A dealer said that there are not many slots for ED in November, but said that he could take one of his allocated spots and sell me a coupe so that I could pick it up earlier in Munich. The catch is that it would cost an additional $2100. Does this make sense?

Thanks!
Dale

·
Vendor
7,262 Posts
Question:

A dealer said that there are not many slots for ED in November, but said that he could take one of his allocated spots and sell me a coupe so that I could pick it up earlier in Munich. The catch is that it would cost an additional $2100. Does this make sense?

Thanks!
Dale
Dale,

The problem is not supply this time around or BMW not having enough cars, it's scheduling. Unfortunately, it appears that the U.S. market is getting a limited number of delivery spots for ED as I suspect that with the new Welt, BMW AG is expanding their ED operations worldwide.

They're so booked for latter October/early November that you'd have to schedule for latter November (and that period is likely to get pretty booked, too) and December delivery.

How it costs more is that they're likely charging you ED MSRP. That would be true if BMW ED ran out of cars and centers had to "donate" allocations, but this isn't the case this time around. Just call the bluff and pick December or next Spring.

·
Retired Official Welcomer
8,309 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. Listen to Adrian, he's the man "in the know". :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts