BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my first BMW by way of Euro Delivery in Munich in mid-May. It's supposedly arriving at port on 6/25. Shouldn't be too much longer before she gets to the dealership ... I have been tracking it through Owners' Circle and through the shipping agency. The waiting is killing me!

Questions:

(i) I took my front euro license plate off when dropping it off in Europe. Will by rear euro license plate still be on the car when it arrives?

(ii) I talked to the euro delivery professionals about break in period -- they said keep the engine under 4500 rpm or 100 mph while driving. I kept the engine under 4000 rpm for most of my journey throughout Germany, but took it up to 80-105 mph on the autobahn (hovered around 4500 rpm at speeds over 100 mph). I never stayed at one speed to keep the engine breathing. The euro guys also said it would be OK to exceed the 4500 rpm limit, but only in emergency situations. Should I be worried about this -- the fact I pushed it a little? Once it gets here, I'll keep her at 70 or under ... but I couldn't resist the autobahn!

(iii) What is done at the Vehicle Prep Center, besides installation of accessories? Do they give the engine a looksy? How long does it typically take to get from the VPC to the dealership?

(iv) Are there any "must-have" BMW accessories I should immediately buy that will make my life easier? (ie. cargo mat, front bra, etc.)

Thanks.

2002 325i 5spd / Steel Gray / Black Leather
SP, CWP, PP / HK Upgrade / Bi-xenon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hantavirus,

yes, tricolor on the 25th. that is the same vessel my car was on.

yes, looking forward to driving around with Euro plates for 6-8 weeks while i wait for my custom plates to arrive!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts