BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Awesome power!
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd better get this started before someone gets mad at me for not doing so.

As I said in the Monaco thread, I look for Nick to go good things this time. He's due for a win, and I think his recent driving may reflect displeasure over Mawk's remawks.

Remember, qualifying is on Saturday only this time. (Who knows about next time?)

·
Awesome power!
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Friday practice 2 results:

01 A. Wurz McLaren 1:30.623
02 R. Zonta Toyota 1:30.630
03 N. Heidfeld Williams 1:31.813
04 JP. Montoya McLaren 1:31.841
05 K. Räikkönen McLaren 1:31.870
06 M. Webber Williams 1:32.088
07 R. Barrichello Ferrari 1:32.143
08 F. Alonso Renault 1:32.335
09 G. Fisichella Renault 1:32.842
10 R. Schumacher Toyota 1:33.098
11 J. Trulli Toyota 1:33.168
12 C. Klien Red Bull 1:33.174
13 M. Schumacher Ferrari 1:33.242
14 D. Coulthard Red Bull 1:33.430
15 T. Sato BAR 1:33.514
16 J. Button BAR 1:33.753
17 F. Montagny Jordan 1:34.090
18 F. Massa Sauber 1:34.274
19 J. Villeneuve Sauber 1:34.645
20 T. Monteiro Jordan 1:34.702
21 V. Liuzzi Red Bull 1:34.842
22 C. Albers Minardi 1:35.311
23 P. Friesacher Minardi 1:35.791
24 N. Karthikeyan Jordan 1:36.702

McLaren and Williams continue looking good...so far.:thumbup:

·
Jayhawk
527 Posts
berford said:
Friday practice 2 results:

01 A. Wurz McLaren 1:30.623
02 R. Zonta Toyota 1:30.630
03 N. Heidfeld Williams 1:31.813
04 JP. Montoya McLaren 1:31.841
05 K. Räikkönen McLaren 1:31.870
06 M. Webber Williams 1:32.088

McLaren and Williams continue looking good...so far.:thumbup:
I think McLaren was playing with everyone. Wurz appeared to run out for the last run just to hit the fast lap. I was excited that Heidfeld was at the top of the leader board until he stalled entering the pits. I hope he was out of gas or something simple but they had the car up on blocks just as the broadcast ended.

I am having a blast watching F1 with my 2-year old boy this year. Everytime they switch to on car camera that shows the cockpit he lifts his arms and pretends to steer with the driver. He knows Michael, Kimi, Juan Pablo and Mark Webber when he sees them and knows what cars they drive. I think I am creating a monster.

·
Awesome power!
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KU Ned said:
I am having a blast watching F1 with my 2-year old boy this year. Everytime they switch to on car camera that shows the cockpit he lifts his arms and pretends to steer with the driver. He knows Michael, Kimi, Juan Pablo and Mark Webber when he sees them and knows what cars they drive. I think I am creating a monster.
Cool. Perhaps you're creating an F1 driver.

·
Jayhawk
527 Posts
berford said:
Cool. Perhaps you're creating an F1 driver.
Alot of fathers have rituals when they get home from work. Mine is that Evan runs up to me saying "drive, drive, drive the B". I then take him to the garage and put him in the driver's seat of my car and let him play like he is driving. He will literally do it for an hour if I let him. I now trick him to get him out by asking if he wants to get out of the car like a race car driver. I take him out through the window, briefly sit him on the window frame and have him shake his fists.

Our friends can not believe how long he will pretend to drive anything with a steering wheel. I would love to have him get into carting and driving someday but refuse to push him in to it like the parents on that Discovery Channel documentary.

Not to hijack the thread too much, I can't wait for the European GP this weekend. I think BMW and Mercedes will be strong.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
KU Ned said:
I would love to have him get into carting and driving someday but refuse to push him in to it like the parents on that Discovery Channel documentary.
If he's that into cars, there will be no pushing involved, he'll love it! All you have to do is give him the opportunity. :thumbup:

·
Awesome power!
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr. E said:
If he's that into cars, there will be no pushing involved, he'll love it! All you have to do is give him the opportunity. :thumbup:
Heifeld P1, Webber P3...just right.

·
Running around in circles
3,638 Posts
berford said:
Thought I'd better get this started before someone gets mad at me for not doing so.

As I said in the Monaco thread, I look for Nick to go good things this time. He's due for a win, and I think his recent driving may reflect displeasure over Mawk's remawks.

Remember, qualifying is on Saturday only this time. (Who knows about next time?)
Heidfeld, Raikonnen, Webber...

Btw, What did Webber say?

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
I'll take that bet!! How much do you want to wager?? :dunno:

Nicky boy knows the track as good as me (**ahem*** ehh.. from Forza Motorsports, only on X-Box :p )

I have confidence in my boyz ;)

·
TTSam
745 Posts
F1Crazy said:
Who wants to bet that Williams is on lower fuel load than McLaren? :eeps:
I would predict there about 6-8 laps more in the Merc-McLaren (might even be 10).

Notice Kimi's imperceptable smirk in the post qualifying interviews when discussing fuel loads.

I guess we will see in the morning.

Good job by BMW/W however and good for Nick at his home race - putting the Shumi Bros to the back pages................and rightfully making his Aussie mate a tad nervous about his ride next year.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
JG said:
I would predict there about 6-8 laps more in the Merc-McLaren (might even be 10).

Notice Kimi's imperceptable smirk in the post qualifying interviews when discussing fuel loads.

I guess we will see in the morning.

Good job by BMW/W however and good for Nick at his home race - putting the Shumi Bros to the back pages................and rightfully making his Aussie mate a tad nervous about his ride next year.
This new qualy format certainly puts the intrigue back in before the race. I don't think Montoya would be8 tenths back if Kimi was that heavy with fuel. I think he's lighter than Montoya and not that far off the 2 Williams. Of course that's a lot of wishful fan thinking sentiment I know.

·
TTSam
745 Posts
WILLIA///M said:
This new qualy format certainly puts the intrigue back in before the race. I don't think Montoya would be8 tenths back if Kimi was that heavy with fuel. I think he's lighter than Montoya and not that far off the 2 Williams. Of course that's a lot of wishful fan thinking sentiment I know.
Montoya to Kimi is somewhat like Fisichella to Alonso. They have not really been in the same ballpark in qualifying - so who knows (you may be right however).

Montoya is somewhat like Jaques and Webber - under performing their team mates this year - so 1/2 second is not surprising.

The tires today in blistering heat may be the difference. Race day is supposed to be cooler.

Last week showed what a huge difference the chassis makes using the same manufacturer's tires. The Renault rear tire wear was pathetic in Monaco.

I agree the single lap qualy is interesting because of strategies - unlike the previous format where the initial session was on light fuel - which tended to indicate the true speed of the cars.

I still think Kimi will dominate based on the last few weeks and practise times.

I am hoping BMW does well; but I get the feeling they are not quite there yet. Alonso may surprise if the Renault is heavy with fuel and if they get their traditional quick jump at the start.

Nice to see the Ferrari furled eyebrows after dominating for so long..........

Just a few hours to go......................

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Settling in here awaiting the start with the bacon and eggs... :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
How about Coulthard? :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Wooohooo!!!! I got what I wished for!!! w/ 29 laps to go!! :thumbup: :neener: :bow: :hi: :beerchug: :bustingup

Here is Rikkonen: "...lah..lah..lah... lah.... lah.... lah... lah... lah.. OOOPPPSS!!!!!.." :p

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
That tire isn't looking good... :(

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think Rikkonen has this one won! What did BMW/Williams choose 3 stops?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts