BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the order of stops of ships in Europe?

I assume this varies from ship to ship; but is there a general pattern (for example, the ship goes to the easternmost port first, and heads west towards the U.S., making stops along the way)? I am specifically interested in the relationship of Zeebrugge (Belgium) and Bremerhaven. More specifically, the Sirius Leader; does anyone know its order of stops?

Thank you.
 

·
Happy as a snapping clam
Joined
·
812 Posts
Panama Canal

I don't know where you can come up with the order of European stops now, unless you can get them by calling NYK Lines. For Pacific Breeze I traced them as it went along using AISLive. It stopped in Bremerhaven, Delfzijl Approach (which may be Zeebrugge), Southampton and then nonstop (I think) to the Canal.

I am guessing that Sirius Leader will arrive at the Panama Canal Cristobal Anchorage on Friday, but if you like you can call down there and they will tell you precisely when it is due at Cristobal Anchorage and when it will begin its Canal transit. You will be southbound. Using my cheapo long distance carrier (OneSuite), the call cost me $0.40, iirc. I got the number from the Panama Canal official website.

My sense is that ships typically hang out in the anchorage for more than half a day before beginning transit. PB arrived 1500 hrs last Friday and began transit at 1100 hrs Saturday. The Cristobal Anchorage website is:
http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.aspx?Map=Cristobal Anchorages

If the ship makes no stops after leaving the Pacific Anchorage, it should arrive at Port Hueneme just under eight days after heading out, depending primarily on tides (presumably) and weather. It is not scheduled to stop at San Diego. I do not think it will stop at LA.

That does not answer your question, FS, but I hope the info and speculation may be of some use to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
I thought you had been saying your ship bypassed Jacksonville, but the San Diego Vessel Schedual says its last port was Jacksonville. - Just for the sake of accuracy, so you can fine tune to the day, your vehicle in hand guess. ?? :p

djlfp said:
I don't know where you can come up with the order of European stops now, unless you can get them by calling NYK Lines. For Pacific Breeze I traced them as it went along using AISLive. It stopped in Bremerhaven, Delfzijl Approach (which may be Zeebrugge), Southampton and then nonstop (I think) to the Canal.
 

·
Happy as a snapping clam
Joined
·
812 Posts
e36M3r said:
I thought you had been saying your ship bypassed Jacksonville, but the San Diego Vessel Schedual says its last port was Jacksonville. - Just for the sake of accuracy, so you can fine tune to the day, your vehicle in hand guess. ?? :p
Who loves ya, baby? :p
1. I am not certain that I skipped JAX; because of the SD site, I thought it was stopping there and had been watching the JAX site, but no joy. I even called the port :yikes: and they told me they had no record of a Pacific Breeze stop within a week either side of last Wednesday.
2. You are really putting me on the spot now :D. My daughter is getting married over the July 4th weekend, so I have a few extraordinary demands on my time :angel:. My bet is that I will pick up the car on July 5 (40% chance), based on a July 1,2,3, or 4 arrival at the dealer. If it gets in June 30 or sooner, I might be able to sneak in the pickup the following day. 10% chance I will pick it up sooner :D , 50% later :) .
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top