BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the BMW part number sunshade any better than your average aftermarket sunshade (other than saying BMW on it)?

·
Registered
735 Posts
It fits my car perfectly, no comparison to any of the 5 or so I bought shooting for a good fit. Comes in a fake leather case, hate the logo but it works very well.

For 30 bucks it was one of the best BMW parts I ever bought

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
I would say no; my "BMW" sunshade is decomposing in the seams and I am going to throw it into the trash. Three years and $40.00 bucks or so I would have liked it to last longer; my MBZ OEM shade was fine after four years.

I bought a shiny silver shade at Target I've been using this past week, works fine.

$7.49.

YMMV.

·
Life is a highway...
112 Posts
wingspan said:
I would say no; my "BMW" sunshade is decomposing in the seams and I am going to throw it into the trash. Three years and $40.00 bucks or so I would have liked it to last longer; my MBZ OEM shade was fine after four years.

I bought a shiny silver shade at Target I've been using this past week, works fine.

$7.49.

YMMV.
This happened to BMW sunshade also, so I took it back to the dealer and they replaced it with a new one on the spot. No charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.