BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine just bought this '72 3.0 CSi, the other car is mine.

I know the model lineage isn't quite right, but the spiritual lineage definitely is.

The two cars are almost identical in size, and similar in power. Handling is another matter, but the '72 does pretty well for its age on decent rubber and adjustable Koni's.

I've always loved the tall, delicate greenhouse on the older coupes. She's still a looker at 37!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am very jealous. I really wanted a blue or red w/ tan interior 01' or 02 330i but settled for a great deal on a 01 325i Silver w/ black interior base no options for $6k had 100k miles, and needed about $750 to $1k of work done to make it right.

·
Supporter of Bimmer Lore
5,192 Posts
Now I get it! MalibuMafia, aka The Chrome Maniac, was born about 30 years late. In the chrome-laden 60's and 70's he would have been in bliss... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice cars, BTW.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,207 Posts
The lineage IS direct (very much so) from the 3.0 to the E46 Coupe....

(3.0 Csis give me serious wood....)

·
Astigmatic Visionary
2,802 Posts
The lineage IS direct (very much so) from the 3.0 to the E46 Coupe....

(3.0 Csis give me serious wood....)
I would consider 2000CS----3.0cs----650 and 2002----E46 coupe more direct decendents personally.:angel: Corporate philosophy wise I'll buy though.:)I'm absolutely with you about the serious wood however!:thumbup:

·
Keeping it surreal
43,207 Posts
Beautiful car! There is an E9 out there with my name on it, somewhere ...
Make sure you get one with the Sport Package....it makes a world of difference in the overall driving experience.

·
Paraglide! Walk on air!
1,260 Posts
What a beautiful coupe! Very elegant looking. Your e46 is very nice too!

I ran across this bad boy a few months ago outside my business and just had to snap a photo. The gentleman driving it was a former president of the local BMWCCA chapter. The car is still work in progress. And btw, it's an automatic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts