BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 5er to my Moms to weed-whack folding down the seats and a few ounces of gas leaked as i was in route.what idea would work to get the odour out.:cry:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
You'll probably get better answers but were it mine: gas/oil = oil base. I'd pour alcohol over it, lightly scrubbing it, and vacuum it up with a powerful vacuum. Repeat 4-5 times. Then I'd pour baking soda all over it and let it sit on it a couple of days with the windows cracked or wide open as much as possible.

Jim

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got baking powder on it now.with the windows cracked.Thanks Jim.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Last step for me would be: Vacuum up the baking soda then clean it with McGuire's carpet cleaner. Amazing stuff!!! Did an unbelievable job cleaning my carpet when I got the car. It even got old Coco-Cola off the head liner!!

Jim

·
Wingnut
3,892 Posts
found the same for 409 carpet cleaner,,,,worked wonders on mine, stains that had been there since i bought 'er...poof....gone. i wouldnt use baking powder though, it has an acidic component.stick to baking soda.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Blue coral-dri clean will remove most stains-the only thing i use on my headliner with a clean microfiber towel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts