BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

exhaust for my 318is

5976 11
So, I'm thinking I'm tired of my car making that put put put noise when it goes down the road and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a cheap exhaust that would just sound a little nicer. It doesn't need to make it sound fast or loud just not like a leaf blower.

And for those of you who wish to make rude 318is jokes please refrain. I've heard them all, I know my car is slow and I'm fine with that.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
I've never seen an exhaust on a hair dryer....I didn't think they made enough noise to need one. :dunno:

Seriously, I don't know what your best option is. You could try removing the muffler and seeing if you like the sound with just the resonator, which does a lot of silencing before the muffler.

well i have a red back ( cat back ) system on mine it doesnt sound terrible but making a 4 cly sound good is hard
ive heard you can use the catback section of a euro m3 to fit a 318 :dunno:. dont quote me on that...
unfortunately, anything "cheap" will sound terrible. trust me, ive done it. im on my 4th exhaust system currently, and i am finally happy with it. i also got an AMAZING deal on a great muffler. like, $500 off of retail lol. if you go slap on a flowmaster or magnaflow, it sure as hell will be loud. but a screaming 1.8/1.9L engine is never a fun thing. personally, if i could go back and do it over again, i wouldnt piss money away on an exhaust system for my car. but like i said, the borla was a great deal.

the M3 muffler will go, you just need to get a Y pipe welded in line so that the single pipe on your 318 will hook up. def not a bolt on application
you said cheap so :dunno:

Drill a hole on the bottom of your muffler and there ya go :D.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

thats cold phill
anyway
i wanted the same and after much debate and rotted bolts i removed the exhaust from the resonator back and put in a custom straight pipe.
this was ridiculously loud and unwanted especially at redline it was too ricey and ridiculously raspy so after 4 or 5 months i finnally got a ticket and it prompted me to buy a cheap welded muffler from my local advance auto parts, took it to my cousin who gladly welded it in for me and now it actually sounds nice and i have a sound clip but its not of good quality so it doesnt sound as good but ill post it to help you out.:thumbup:
HAHA I did the same thing. One afternoon a buddy says, "Hey, your car sounds like ass! lets cut off the muffler and see what it sounds like." So... we did, and it was ridiculous and terrible at the same time. Personally I have since had my eye on the Stromung exhaust with dual tips off understeer.com Hopefully soon I can afford it.

I just realized that your from Ashland and I live in Central point right now. If I end up getting the Stromung exhaust ill drop by and let you hear what it sounds like.
:bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup

Too.......f*cking.....funny........................can't......catch......breath.......
Hey, cool. Yeah, that would be nice. It'd be fun to meet another forum member. I feel like I live in such a podunk little town.
HAHA I did the same thing. One afternoon a buddy says, "Hey, your car sounds like ass! lets cut off the muffler and see what it sounds like." So... we did, and it was ridiculous and terrible at the same time. Personally I have since had my eye on the Stromung exhaust with dual tips off understeer.com Hopefully soon I can afford it.

I just realized that your from Ashland and I live in Central point right now. If I end up getting the Stromung exhaust ill drop by and let you hear what it sounds like.
It's a known fact that 89% of US citizens don't know what an Oregon is....
Hey, cool. Yeah, that would be nice. It'd be fun to meet another forum member. I feel like I live in such a podunk little town.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.