BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my way home yesterday, i heard some quiet gurgles occasionally when i let off the gas. I have a muffler delete done to the car, but the resonator is still in tact. every video i’ve seen of a muffler AND resonator delete gurgles like crazy. Would removing my resonator give it louder gurgles and pops?

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,772 Posts
The BMW performance exhaust has no resonator and a modified muffler. It does have those pops you are looking for... I suppose you could try removing yours.

When I was installing the PE on my car I ran it with the pipes cut after the cats and found it too unrefined for my liking. Maybe try removing the resonator and using a very free flowing muffler?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The BMW performance exhaust has no resonator and a modified muffler. It does have those pops you are looking for... I suppose you could try removing yours.

When I was installing the PE on my car I ran it with the pipes cut after the cats and found it too unrefined for my liking. Maybe try removing the resonator and using a very free flowing muffler?

Do you know of any high flow mufflers that don’t sound stock like all the ones i’ve seen?

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,772 Posts
Check out the one from Active Autowerkes. I almost did that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts