BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just recently got a 2006 330i. The car is overall amazing and the only negative I could think of is the exhaust. Do any of you guys feel that the exhaust is just not loud enough overall? I've only got 200 miles on the car and am trying my level best to break it in properly, but have slipped on occassion (hey, its leased if thats any consolation lol). The few times I have revved it up I've felt I had to either keep the radio off or keep the windows down (when the radio is on) to hear a really nice loud roar. Perhaps this has more to do with the insulation of the car (it sounds great with the windows down)? Have you guys noticed any significant changes in the exhaust as youve broken the car in and put more miles on it? Any thoughts?

thanks..

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
lol, there is almost an exact same topic in the e60 forum right now that I started as I have the same engine as you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Atleast its better than the IS :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
My OEM 330 exhaust is plenty loud for me.

Danny

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Yawn.............I swear this has been discussed before. It's one of the standard luxury features that come with all new BMWs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have noticed that it's much loader when the windows are down than up. 6,500 miles.:rofl:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
KG330i said:
I have noticed that it's much loader when the windows are down than up. 6,500 miles.:rofl:
I wonder why.......:stickpoke :eeps: lol

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
deepmann said:
Hi all,

Just recently got a 2006 330i. The car is overall amazing and the only negative I could think of is the exhaust. Do any of you guys feel that the exhaust is just not loud enough overall? I've only got 200 miles on the car and am trying my level best to break it in properly, but have slipped on occassion (hey, its leased if thats any consolation lol). The few times I have revved it up I've felt I had to either keep the radio off or keep the windows down (when the radio is on) to hear a really nice loud roar. Perhaps this has more to do with the insulation of the car (it sounds great with the windows down)? Have you guys noticed any significant changes in the exhaust as youve broken the car in and put more miles on it? Any thoughts?

thanks..
There will be a new aftermarket exhaust for the E90 coming from Dinan in September.
Keep checking here for details, if you're interested:
http://www.dinanbmw.com/

·
Registered
668 Posts
My sister's 2004 325xi is louder than my 2006 330xi. Why did BMW make their exhaust note quiet?

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's been said before, but, if you think the 330 is annoyingly quiet, try the IS350. I went toa Lexus driving event and they had a 330 there for comparrison. When waiting in the lines and walking around, you couldalways tell when the BMW was being flogged, because you could actaully HEAR it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Two Sheds said:
When I was in school some kids used to drill holes in thier exhausts to get a better (louder) exhaust sound, maybe you could try this?
:rofl:

·
detour in Ingolstadt
3,180 Posts
No one has actually told me how to do the "golf tee" mod. Something about lifting the carpet in the trunk...

·
Registered
356 Posts
The e46 330 ZHP has a really sweet exhaust note.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just ordered an Eisemann race exaust from http://www.eisenhaus.com/ these guys are great
THe exhaust is louder then stock. Check out e90post for more info on these

·
Registered
28 Posts
Two Sheds said:
When I was in school some kids used to drill holes in thier exhausts to get a better (louder) exhaust sound, maybe you could try this?
haha yep!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Two Sheds said:
haha yep!

·
Living the DREAM
58 Posts
I took my muffler OFF and put on a "fart-pipe/civic exhaust" and its LOUD now. Now I can pick up any 16 to 18 year old chick I want now...........

Dude, it's a "Luxury-Performance car" its not supposed to sound like a Z06.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts