Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 18.8%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay my beloved 1997 540 is gonna breathe a bit easier soon. I have a K&N filiter and now I want (need?) exhaust. I see there are a few options. I want it a bit loud, but I don't want a freeway ride to be annoying.

What do you guys like best? and where should I get it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also have a 97 540 and I have the AC Schnitzer exhaust system. I am not sure what the hp gain was but the sound alone made it worth it to get. It isn't too loud but has a nice throaty V8 sound to it. The tip is also nice looking on the car. Here is a link to read about it. http://www.acschnitzer.com/englisch/index.html also a picture of what it looks like on my car.

Attachments

·
Number 12 of 5 or 6
10,600 Posts
Of the sound clips I heard before I did my exhaust...I liked the Remus best. Rather then spend $600.00 on one first. I decided to put on a $100 Magnaflow to see how that sounded.

I love the Magnaflow...I get compliments all the time (except from my wife) :D
It can be a bit loud inside the car sometimes when using too high a gear and low RPM but it sounds really nice, almost tuned. Especially in parking garages...it sounds :thumbs:

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
MMMM_ERT said:
Of the sound clips I heard before I did my exhaust...I liked the Remus best. Rather then spend $600.00 on one first. I decided to put on a $100 Magnaflow to see how that sounded.

I love the Magnaflow...I get compliments all the time (except from my wife) :D
It can be a bit loud inside the car sometimes when using too high a gear and low RPM but it sounds really nice, almost tuned. Especially in parking garages...it sounds :thumbs:
Magnaflow here too! I love it...I was NOT going to spend $800 on a dang muffler...I mean gimme a break. Here are some pics of my install!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Supersprint for me!

That is what I wanted, nice rumble but not loud.
Installed SuperSprint and removed middle resonator. Sounds perfect! Highway cursing is quiet until you step on it, and even then, it is not too loud. Just perfect.

I had a remus on my car before with resonator on, and it was too quiet. Almost stock sounding.

Also, I think the quality and finish of SuperSprint is super nice.

(in attached pictures the tail pipes are suppose to be shiny, but they're dirty, that is why they look so dull)

Attachments

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
jnejman said:
That is what I wanted, nice rumble but not loud.
Installed SuperSprint and removed middle resonator. Sounds perfect! Highway cursing is quiet until you step on it, and even then, it is not too loud. Just perfect.

I had a remus on my car before with resonator on, and it was too quiet. Almost stock sounding.

Also, I think the quality and finish of SuperSprint is super nice.

(in attached pictures the tail pipes are suppose to be shiny, but they're dirty, that is why they look so dull)
Looks real clean! I left my resonator on...I was too scared it was going to be too loud. I am satisfied with the sound.

Do you have a CAI? I have a CAI and that definitely helps the SOUND...it makes the engine growl more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.