BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See the rusted part of the exhaust (behind the chrome tips) ?

Do you think I can polish it with metal/chrome polish ? Anyone have experience ?

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Nevr Dull should take care of that. Just make sure the car is absolutely cold when you use it. It works fairly well on the area behind the tips, and is exceptional when used directly on the exhaust tips.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Al, you said use it when the exhaust is cold, no ? Cuz, I want to use it on the exhaust tips too to get rid of some baked dust and tar.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
atyclb said:
I have tried NEVR-DULL, and got good results, but I have now switched to Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish, after hearing from others that it is the best.

It yielded these results on jim on oregon's M3:

Hmm, looking very clean. Exactly the way I want mine to be :thumb:

Unfortunately don't have Mother's here, so I'll stick up with Nevr Dull.

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
Al, you said use it when the exhaust is cold, no ? Cuz, I want to use it on the exhaust tips too to get rid of some baked dust and tar.
I suppose you could do it when it is hot too, but I've burned myself doing that. :)

·
5,820 Posts
My exhaust is pretty good, but the bottoms of the tips (edge of the holes) are dull and discolored. Nevr-dull did not fix it. In fact, nothing seems to clean it, even steel wool (which is safe on chrome). I didn't even know the exhaust was chrome when I bought the car they were so filthy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.