BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Le Plaisir de Conduire
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 325Ci and would like to enhance the back end of my car with some chrome exhaust tips. I am not looking into changing the entire exhaust line, or the muffler.
Rather, I am merely interested into some nice chrome tips that easily slide on the original exhaust tips.

I have been researching the web a little bit, and the only bolt-on chrome exhaust tips that I have found are OEMs that I believe come standard on the 330.

Do any of you know of any other types of nice chrome exhaust tips that would fit my car?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Nicolas

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello,

I have a 330ci (wich comes with the chrome tips) and i havent seen any chrome tips that look as good as those on a bmw. It actually looks like the exaust itself is chrome (unless you are directly under the car). I would recommend calling your local bmw dealer and check to see if they offer them. A friend of mine with a 328 just got his done as well with the oem's.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
For $14/ea from Circle, and 2mins to install without worrying about whether they fit or not, or having to get em welded on, the OEM ones are great. PN 82 12 9 410 926 qty2

·
Registered
145 Posts
Circle BMW has them!!!! http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/access/acc-cat.htm

The part numbers are for 325/328 but should be the same for a 325.

Exhaust Tips

Price listed is for one exhaust tip, you'll need two.

Model Description Part Number Retail* Sale*

E46 323i, 323Ci Chrome 82 12 9 410 926 $17.50 $13.99
E46 328i, 328Ci Chrome 82 12 9 410 928 $28.50 $21.38

*Prices subject to change without notice

·
Registered
108 Posts
Try the Ac Schnitzer Exhaust Tip. it looks really slick on the car. I found a guy down in Miami FL (1.5 hrs from were I live) that had very similar replicas for $75 compared to @$300.00 for the originals. Among my friends, we have 7 E46s and all of them with the exhaust tip.

just my .02 cents. [/IMG] :thumb:

Attachments

·
10,856 Posts
Sorry, but that looks hideous.
IMHO, compound tips look really cheesy.

·
Le Plaisir de Conduire
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exhaust Tips

Thank you all for your replies. I think that I will go with the OEM exhaust tips. They look clean and seem rather easy to install.
Is there anything I should be careful about when ordering them? Are they standard for both the 325 and 330, or should I specify "add-on for 325 only"?

Nicolas

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
aldo said:
Just talk with the parts guy at Circle and he'll make sure you get the right part.
Please use the PN I posted above. I talked to the Circle parts guy and was originally shipped the WRONG parts! I was shipped the factory weld-on ones for a 325xi/330.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts