BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everone hope some can help,just replaced exp tank in 01 x5 3.0.Seems i forgot to plug level sensor back up I started it and then i remembered wire that i didnt hook up when i went to connect it i couldnt find it.removed tank and everything dosent seem to be there.Think it might have caught in serp belt and ripped out.Cant find peice or anything does anyone know where this wire goes to .maybe if i start from that end i can find it.thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem in the same year x5. When I replaced the expansion tank I do not remember seeing a wire connected to the sensor on the bottom of the tank and I can find no wire. Also there is no sensor on the dashboard to alert me of low coolant. The manual also does not mention any warning light. so do some x5's not have a wire to the sensor?

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
I have the same problem in the same year x5. When I replaced the expansion tank I do not remember seeing a wire connected to the sensor on the bottom of the tank and I can find no wire. Also there is no sensor on the dashboard to alert me of low coolant. The manual also does not mention any warning light. so do some x5's not have a wire to the sensor?
{#6 is the electrical harness for the 2004-2006 ( N62 engine) in the 4.4 & 4.8is}

{#11 is the electrical harness for the 2000-2006 (M54 engine) X5 3.0}

{#26 is the electrical harness for the 2000-2003 (M62 engine) in the 4.4 & 4.6is}

1 - 4 of 4 Posts