BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link for directions on replacing the 2007 x3 expansion tank? Anything to be aware of when doing so? New to this, so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did mine six months ago and deleted the bookmarks. It's pretty straight-forward.

Do it to a cool engine, you will break the valve (?), you may not need to replace the sensor. When you reconnect the hose(s), idle in the driveway to ensure the hoses have "clicked" all the way into place.

·
Anti-Hack
5,128 Posts
And research the sequence for how to bleed the system with the electric pump. It's really simple I just forgot the start sequence.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did research and bookmarked the page for bleeding the system. Is this a pretty simple job, replacing the expansion tank? We have the old one almost out? Only have the bottom clip left. It seems stubborn.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did research and bookmarked the page for bleeding the system. Is this a pretty simple job, replacing the expansion tank? We have the old one almost out? Only have the bottom clip left. It seems stubborn.
I remember the same challenge but prefer the clips over the myriad clamps I've used on other vehicles - you just have to keep working it. The same goes for ensuring it's secure when you re-install it or you'll spill coolant (water if you choose to test it first) everywhere. :yikes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts