BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering for those that have a red interior, if anyone has experienced any fading? Also, has anybody experienced the dye of the red leather bleeding onto your clothes or the other way around where, for example, your blue jeans were bleeding onto your red lether seats?

·
I make websites.
174 Posts
I don't think any major vehicle manufacturer would let an interior with the qualities you're worried about ever pass the quality assurance testing they go through. It's ALMOST a stupid question... I have red interior and no problems. I do however, wear red pants exclusively, so I might be a bad judge on this one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it looks awsome the red and Black rock. We have the bright red Ext. and love it. But it looks great on the Black Ext as well. And no problems at all. Tom

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I was wondering for those that have a red interior, if anyone has experienced any fading? Also, has anybody experienced the dye of the red leather bleeding onto your clothes or the other way around where, for example, your blue jeans were bleeding onto your red lether seats?
The red interior on the 3 seems to bright to me. The M3 and 6 have a deeper red. The 3 series red is a stark contrast to the black interior. Looks orange/pinkish.

The red in the 3 is called coral red. If you look at the color corrected color chart you can see the shade compared to other reds.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had the coral red interior for about a year and the experience has been good. no bleeding onto the clothes and no fading (as far as I can tell). I've actually received many compliments.

·
Registered
107 Posts
don't get blood on it

·
Iwanna330Cic
926 Posts
I have a jet black/coral red e93 vert. Not only is it one of the sexiest combos, but it is very durable and I have had no fading nor other problems. You just need to clean and condition it once in a while like any other leather seats. And, I have also had lots of agreeable nods regarding the looks. I love it! :thumbup:

Doug

·
Registered
348 Posts
The OP does have a point about the blue jean dye wearing off, not with a red interior per say, yet I have heard horror stories of the Lemon Interior, and actually just heard one with the Priority One Jade Interior of staining on those seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts