BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How good is the 745Li? Which of the following best describes your opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got a 2004 BMW745Li, and it has run over 130000kms. Can somebody tell me, aprox how many kilometers more it will run reliabily. I heard cars become trash after 200000, is that true?

Then, how do you personalise the settings of the cars? How to program the Car memory- like to automatically lock the doors, audible alerts etc. Anyone knows where to get the list of programmable options for my car? Can this be done by ourselves? If taken to the dealer, how much will they charge for doing the programming?

Now the problems that I face with my vehicle:
1. The airbags show an error, even though the problem was fixed.
2.The driver seat seat cooling shutsdown after a few seconds. Sometimes it functions for 3 min- but still it shutsdown automatically.
3. The cd drive does not work- the shutter in front opens and makes some wierd noises but nothing else happens.
4. The trunk does not open fully with the remote and it has trouble opening on its own and occassionally needs manual human help.
5.The doors get stuck, and requires extra effort to push open at times.
6.And now the MAIN problem- The air conditioning! :mad: Theres wierd and nauseating smells coming from the air conditioning. It also smells damp and very dusty, like an old unused attic.:eeps: If the MAX setting is put on, the problem reduces to the front passengers, but the back passengers still face the problem.
7.The front light covers have faded too, the dealers tell me its because of the excessive heat from the Xenon lights. I tried cleaning from the outside, but it seems the problem is in the inside of the cover.

I would love to hear any opinions to my problems. I also hope that an expert can tell me how to solve my problems and how much it would cost me to do it.:thumbup:

·
Master Tinkerer
2,218 Posts
Search this forum and you will find answers to most of these issues.

·
asc-abs sensors rock!!!!
413 Posts
hi,

i got a 2004 bmw745li, and it has run over 130000kms. Can somebody tell me, aprox how many kilometers more it will run reliabily. I heard cars become trash after 200000, is that true?

Then, how do you personalise the settings of the cars? How to program the car memory- like to automatically lock the doors, audible alerts etc. Anyone knows where to get the list of programmable options for my car? Can this be done by ourselves? If taken to the dealer, how much will they charge for doing the programming?

Now the problems that i face with my vehicle:
1. The airbags show an error, even though the problem was fixed.
2.the driver seat seat cooling shutsdown after a few seconds. Sometimes it functions for 3 min- but still it shutsdown automatically.
3. The cd drive does not work- the shutter in front opens and makes some wierd noises but nothing else happens.
4. The trunk does not open fully with the remote and it has trouble opening on its own and occassionally needs manual human help.
5.the doors get stuck, and requires extra effort to push open at times.
6.and now the main problem- the air conditioning! :mad: Theres wierd and nauseating smells coming from the air conditioning. It also smells damp and very dusty, like an old unused attic.:eeps: If the max setting is put on, the problem reduces to the front passengers, but the back passengers still face the problem.
7.the front light covers have faded too, the dealers tell me its because of the excessive heat from the xenon lights. I tried cleaning from the outside, but it seems the problem is in the inside of the cover.

I would love to hear any opinions to my problems. I also hope that an expert can tell me how to solve my problems and how much it would cost me to do it.:thumbup:
hey bro seems like your issue might be a bad battery!!! These cars have the option to shut down unnecesary components in order to contain battery power.if it has low juice it will kill the a/c in the seats the radio cd player trunk mechanisims and other nono ecentials..you might consider geting a battery check!
ANOTHER THING YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT IS YOUR HEADLAMPS HAD FADED. I SUGGEST YOU POST A PIC OF THE HEADLIGHT!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts