Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

First post! Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry if being long-winded. So here we go!

Situation:

1.) Plan to help someone order a highly optioned 2019 X3 M30i (nearly every option $58K MSRP) in the next couple days. I know, I know, why not get a M40i. Rather not go into that, as the build is SET IN STONE. Due to the unique combination of ext./int. color + options, a custom build is a must. I've already searched all inventories within a 300 mile radius, to no avail. Not even close.

Questions/Comments:

1.) Looking for volume dealers that are known to cut great deals. I'm willing to travel 300 mile radius. Since I'm in western Pennsylvania, probably PA/OH/VA/DC/MD states (or thereabouts). Any recommendations? My research points to Sterling BMW (Virginia), Passport (Virginia) and Tischer (Maryland). But I'd love to get a few more.

2.) Since it's a custom build/order, I plan to deal with sales managers over phone & email. Plan to select five dealers, and best price wins. Not concerned with after-sale customer service. Totally price driven. Plan to purchase before end of month.

3.) No problem driving to pick up car (300 mile radius). That being said, on a 'ordered vehicle' can you have the vehicle delivered to an alternative dealer? Potentially different state? I'd love to save the trip if that is an option.

4.) (NEVERMIND. After a little searching, looks like this program was discontinued.) This buyer works at a hospital that is part of the 'BMW Group Corporate Sales Program'. From my understanding, you negotiate the best price possible, then you fill out a form with dealer and sent to BMW group. I believe the current incentive on X3 purchase is $2,500 rebate. Is anyone familiar with this program?

5.) Any other incentives on 2019 X3 for cash buyer? I didn't see any. Not a current BMW owner (2010 MB C300). Not in military or college grad. (If any of these things matter).

Thanks fellow car nuts!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I just bought a 2019 X3 and it is my understanding that BMW no longer participates in the BMW Corporate Sales Programs. So your options are likely dealer or incentives directly from BMW. Good Luck though and great choice on the X3 I LOVE mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hi Newbie,

We bought a 19 X3 30i for the wife and took delivery last September. We ordered a ton of options and the MSRP was $58,940. I got a discount of $6,132 from the dealer plus $3,500 in incentives from BMW ( $1,500 loyalty credit and $2,000 from BMW Financial for financing a small amount with them), $500 from BMW for being a retired Allstate insurance agent and finally $500 from BMWCCA for being a member. This comes to a total of $10,632 off of the MSRP. :thumbup: I would have paid cash for the car but decided to finance a small amount with BMW Financial in order to get the $2,000 credit. Back in September our interest rate was 2.2%, so it really is a wash.:angel:

We purchased this vehicle from BMW of Sarasota and my sales guy is Jack Hojnacki (941 923-2700 X245) who is their most experienced SA and he's been doing this for over 30 years with them.:p I've purchased 7 or 8 vehicles from Jack over the years, so you might not be able to do as well as I but you can give it a go. Tell him I sent you. Maybe it will help!:dunno:

Let me know how you make out. And, there is no need to get the M40i. The 30i goes like hell!:thumbup:

Joe:)

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Hello Everyone,

First post! Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry if being long-winded. So here we go!

Situation:

1.) Plan to help someone order a highly optioned 2019 X3 M30i (nearly every option $58K MSRP) in the next couple days. I know, I know, why not get a M40i. Rather not go into that, as the build is SET IN STONE. Due to the unique combination of ext./int. color + options, a custom build is a must. I've already searched all inventories within a 300 mile radius, to no avail. Not even close.

Questions/Comments:

1.) Looking for volume dealers that are known to cut great deals. I'm willing to travel 300 mile radius. Since I'm in western Pennsylvania, probably PA/OH/VA/DC/MD states (or thereabouts). Any recommendations? My research points to Sterling BMW (Virginia), Passport (Virginia) and Tischer (Maryland). But I'd love to get a few more.

2.) Since it's a custom build/order, I plan to deal with sales managers over phone & email. Plan to select five dealers, and best price wins. Not concerned with after-sale customer service. Totally price driven. Plan to purchase before end of month.

3.) No problem driving to pick up car (300 mile radius). That being said, on a 'ordered vehicle' can you have the vehicle delivered to an alternative dealer? Potentially different state? I'd love to save the trip if that is an option.

4.) (NEVERMIND. After a little searching, looks like this program was discontinued.) This buyer works at a hospital that is part of the 'BMW Group Corporate Sales Program'. From my understanding, you negotiate the best price possible, then you fill out a form with dealer and sent to BMW group. I believe the current incentive on X3 purchase is $2,500 rebate. Is anyone familiar with this program?

5.) Any other incentives on 2019 X3 for cash buyer? I didn't see any. Not a current BMW owner (2010 MB C300). Not in military or college grad. (If any of these things matter).

Thanks fellow car nuts!!!

1. For looking at your local dealers (with local being within 300 miles as you said), do not mention you are a "cash buyer". unlike what you may think, that does not give you more leverage... it gives you less.

The dealer gets paid wither you pay in cash, or a bank finances it, but they can make extra money on finacing sometimes so telling them "im paying caaasshhhhh baby!" (joking on the epmhasis but you know what I mean) tells them they have no shot at making that finance money, and likely no shot at upselling you on warranties etc... so you will likely not get the bargain basement price.

Tell them "I am considering paying cash, but might also finance if it makes sense from incentives".

Any incentive they might have would be tied to financing. Usually better to finance the minimum amount, which I believe is 7500, then pay the loan off in 3-4 months so the dealer does not get burned on any financing incentives offered to you.

Consider buying the car from Greg Poland at pacific BMW in glendale california and having it shipped to you. Greg gives very good pricing, ships all over the country, and is very easy to deal with. Hes just a very busy successful Salesmanager for BMW so sometimes can be hard to get ahold of.

Tell him jjrandorin from bimmerfest recommended him... but you can search bimmerfest for greg poland and find plenty of glowing reviews.

I would at least check with him since you know your build, etc. He ships cars all over the country as I said.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Check with Jonathon Hoxworth at BMW of Lancaster (717-569-4269) in Lancaster, PA.

He will make the process simple and will find every incentive that you can qualify to receive. They are an excellent high volume dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts