BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My 04 X3 3.0 is near completion of 4 year warranty in July and I want to take an extended service warranty. Is there any place you recommend or is it the same across the board, the dealership price is 1490 including tax. And before the warranty expires can anyone suggest what kind of maintenance can be done on it, it has 42 K miles. Does the dealership do a complete checkup before the warranty expires?

On a side note I have been using premium for a while but how big of a difference would it be switching to 87.

I would really appreciate any responses.

Thanks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
There are two programs - not to be confused. Extended Warranty & Extended Maintenance.

The Warranty carries a $50. fee per visit I believe. It is NOT bumper to bumper like the original warranty. Many items are not covered.

The Extended Maintenance program covers everything that is required by the maintenance schedule... Oil Change / Service, Inspections I & II, brakes, wiper blade refills, fluids, etc.

Although not on the official maintenance schedule, during Inspection II on my '04 - they found a code had been thrown indicating degraded transfer case oil... it was serviced with new oil and covered under the Extended Maintenance plan.

T

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sorry - I didn't read your post closely... you were only inquiring specifically on the Extended Warranty. (Shouldn't read the board before the first cup of coffe in the morning.)

No complete check-up before the warranty expires.

I have never put anything but Chevron Supreme in my tank. Although the "per gallon" price is higher - you're really only talking $2 - $4 dollars difference in a fill-up. I'd rather skip Starbucks once a week if it became necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts