BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has 49,500 miles and I am trying to decide about extended warranty. The car has been trouble free and I plan on keeping it another 4 years. My dealer offers a third party warranty through United Car Care and they handle all the paper work, so that they bill the company directly. The price is $2800 for an addition 60 months and 50K miles. There is a $50 deductable. The coverage is basically the same as the BMW new car coverage, other than trim and cosmetic issues. Obviously the free maintenance is not included. Given my excellent repair history I am inclined to take a risk and skip the warranty. I am interested in hearing from owners with high mileage cars and get your input on whether or not to get the extended coverage.

·
IntarWeb Stalker
10,068 Posts
I wouldn't take the risk...but if you are make sure you can first find a good mechanic (indy) who will do the work but not charge you an arm and a leg.

BTW - is there a deductible anytime you bring the car in? Also see about negotiating that price down...2800 is a bit high...2000 is a better sounding number. Remember the dealership gets a cut of that plan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts