Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 05 and took it to the dealer for an oil change and software update. BMW of Murray here in Utah did the oil change and software update for just over $300.00 the oil change being $94 of it. The extended warranty they offer is for 50K or 5 years and covers most items other than iDrive screen and any plastic trim or rubber bushings etc. My car has 52,000 miles on it and other than needing tires has a clean bill of health. The warranty costs $4,700 so it works out to about $940.00 a year for the piece of mind. I would just like to hear any opinions or other sources in regards to extended warranties. I know there are a few posts on this subject but I wanted to feel cool creating my first thread :p
Thanks for all the posts and DIY write-ups you all contribute. This forum is a true knowledge base of information.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I didn't get a warranty since I plan on fixing it myself. It's fun and it gives me peace of mind (like I have one):rofl::confused:

The price sounds about correct. Do what you feel you need. $940 could be very few repair bills per year and would most likely pay for itself.

Good first post.:thumbup:

I like your style in cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts