BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the pros/cons of buying the 100,000 warranty and the 100,000 maintenance agreement? How much should I expect to pay for it, and can I get it from any dealer at any time during the purchase?

·
Registered
146 Posts
sbb said:
What are the pros/cons of buying the 100,000 warranty and the 100,000 maintenance agreement? How much should I expect to pay for it, and can I get it from any dealer at any time during the purchase?
In the USA it can be purchased anytime prior to the end of the original 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. Cost is somewhere in the $2,500 - $3,000 range. I assume it can be purchased from any authorized BMW dealer - not sure. If you plan to keep your car for the additional 2 years coverage (or up to 100,000 miles), it would be worth serious consideration, as a brake job alone (pads & rotors replaced) would pretty much be equal to extended warranty/maintenance contract cost. This is ONLY true if you get the extended warranty WITH maintenance. There is also a less expensive extended warranty WITHOUT maintenance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts