BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that any who frequently haunts our forum comes away with ONE overwhelming consensis: WE 7 series owners MUST BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY! Yesterday I received the following price quote from GWC Assurant for my loaded 2007 750Li Sport with 38.5k miles:This quote is for ULTRA coverage.

It will include everything that is listed in the attached brochure plus a whole lot more.

Coverage for 36 months or 36,000 additional miles with a $0 deductible is $4,680.00

Coverage for 48 months or 48,000 additional miles with a $0 deductible is $6,310.00

Wow ...Very Expensive!...Maybe rolling the dice/self insurance is cheaper?

· Banned
252 Posts
you will need to line them up and compare. Must be some info in this forum that does a side by side compare. If not would be very valuable resource

Carchex seems to be advertised a lot.
I have AULcorp.com, but my be available only through dealer.
Identify what they dont cover...lots of gray areas.
Example of my claims denied and with the for the most expensive and inclusive level warranty offered:
upholstery lifting from door,
fuel tank vent because considered a filter and they dont cover anything thats a filter.

Get best level of coverage you can. Seems like a lot of the stuff that does wrong is electronics. Get level that covers anything air bag related, instrument panel related, anything wireless related etc etc.

Also consider maximum cumulative they will pay out for repairs. probably based on NADA value of car. An important factor to consider that I never see mentioned

Mine has a clause for them to be able to unilaterally cancel warranty for any reason and any time....I guess I you become a PITA.

· Banned
1,589 Posts
Thank you for your interest in our valuable protection plan. I enjoyed speaking with you today about your vehicle and I wanted to provide you with the information below for your review.

You will enjoy peace of mind knowing that our high quality protection plan is at work for you night and day. Avoiding the high cost of mechanical repairs is just a phone call away. You can join our family of customers that have made the smart decision to protect themselves from sudden and expensive repair costs.

Important Benefits

Claims paid by credit card directly to the repair facility.
Honored at the licensed repair facility of your choice.
Parts and Labor coverage included.
Rental and Towing coverage is included on most plans.
Increased vehicle resale value by offering to transfer the vehicle service agreement(VSA) to the new owner. (not applicable for all plans)

I am happy to answer any questions and I am looking forward to your call.

Richard Walton, Ext: 148
888-518-6738

Vehicle Plan Cost
2007 BMW Subtotal: $3942.00
750I Tax: 0.00
Current odometer reading: 79,001 Total: 3942.00
$ Down: 250.00
# Payments: 30
Monthly Payment: 123.07

Coverage Plan
60 / 100,000
Athens Protector Powertrain Elite
Expires: 08/23/2017 190,001
Deductible:$ 100
Please call me when you receive your paperwork so that I can answer any questions you may have.

· Registered
3,076 Posts
Thank you for your interest in our valuable protection plan. I enjoyed speaking with you today about your vehicle and I wanted to provide you with the information below for your review.

You will enjoy peace of mind knowing that our high quality protection plan is at work for you night and day. Avoiding the high cost of mechanical repairs is just a phone call away. You can join our family of customers that have made the smart decision to protect themselves from sudden and expensive repair costs.

Important Benefits

Claims paid by credit card directly to the repair facility.
Honored at the licensed repair facility of your choice.
Parts and Labor coverage included.
Rental and Towing coverage is included on most plans.
Increased vehicle resale value by offering to transfer the vehicle service agreement(VSA) to the new owner. (not applicable for all plans)

I am happy to answer any questions and I am looking forward to your call.

Richard Walton, Ext: 148
888-518-6738

Vehicle Plan Cost
2007 BMW Subtotal: $3942.00
750I Tax: 0.00
Current odometer reading: 79,001 Total: 3942.00
$ Down: 250.00
# Payments: 30
Monthly Payment: 123.07

Coverage Plan
60 / 100,000
Athens Protector Powertrain Elite
Expires: 08/23/2017 190,001
Deductible:$ 100
Please call me when you receive your paperwork so that I can answer any questions you may have.
Are you currently using that plan yourself?

· Banned
1,589 Posts
This was a quote I got. Exclusionary but for the most part bumper to bumper. I am not using it. Still under cpo

· Registered
596 Posts
That's for new vehicles. ?
Nope - not only for new vehicles.

See PDF below

My brother added the 3/36 on is 06 750 with 72k miles about 6mths ago

He was only able to get the powertrain plus and his only issue so far was a bad altenator which was replaced under the warranty with a $50 deductible

Attachments

· Registered
596 Posts
Call any BMW dealer directly they should be able to give you a quote. With my brother what we did that save us a couple hundred was to call the dealer that first sold the car and buy the warranty through them as they had the full history of the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.