BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Question for the group - I'm looking at a 3 yr old M6 convertible and asked about extended warranty and tire care packages from the dealership - they came back with the following:
5 yr / 60k miles Total Care extended warranty $10,700
5 yr tire & wheel package $3,900
Any input on whether these seem high / reasonable??

·
Bimmer Addict
209 Posts
expensive

seems outrageous. Then again, Total Care covers a lot. I'd put the $10k in Vanguard, choose a conservative portfolio, and just sell stuff every time your car needs anything. Odds are that you win at the end - especially when you consider that your main expense is something not covered by Total Care: TIRES.

·
Bimmer Addict
209 Posts
Hi guys
Question for the group - I'm looking at a 3 yr old M6 convertible and asked about extended warranty and tire care packages from the dealership - they came back with the following:
Also, do you like the car? I'm considering an M6 Gran Coupe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow. That's pretty pricey. I'm looking for one as well, but would prefer something a bit more reasonable. I'm looking more for the 2 year range or so. Hopefully others can make some suggestions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's absurd. I got 5 years, +50k on present miles (I'm at 27,895 so I'm covered until 77,895) by Autopom at $3500-ish. If you're interested, PM me for contact info for my rep.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's absurd. I got 5 years, +50k on present miles (I'm at 27,895 so I'm covered until 77,895) by Autopom at $3500-ish. If you're interested, PM me for contact info for my rep.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Another vote for AutoPOM. I got 4 years and 50k for $3,600. Easy to deal with too. No pressure tactics. Just to go their web page and fill out the application and you will get an email shortly with the quote.

·
where da clutch at ?
BMW 128i Convertible E88 N52B Executive Package
2,973 Posts
put the 10k in the bank, high interest account,
anything goes wrong, use it, if not, you've kept the money.
put a limit say, anything under a grand pay yourself, anything over use the money

DON'T GIVE ANYONE 10k for a warranty

Hi guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts