Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does BMW offer ext warranty on 2013 E70. I have 96k miles and my warranty will expire soon.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,797 Posts
Your 'warranty' expired years ago. BMWs have a 4/50 warranty

You have a 2013 w 86k

You likely have some kind of 'extended warranty' (not realy a warranty, but a. Contract that covers past the new car 4/50 warranty). Perhaps a CPO?

While BMW does sell extended service contractors (aka extend warranties), they will ONLY extend the 4/50. They must (generally) be purchased before that coverage expires.

There are few good policies for a 6 year old car with 86k. I can't think of one, maybe carmax but that would require them selling yu the car. The rest of them are $$$ and massive exclusions. Just too risky as a business for them to sell.

·
Registered
2010 X5 E70 6 cyl gas
58 Posts
I just bought an ASC extended warranty from the used car dealer that sold me my 2010 X5 with 96,000 miles. This week the water pump failed and they covered the pump no questions asked ($800) and the shop said they were surprisingly easy to work with. They didn’t cover fluids, diagnostics, or the expansion tank that cracked but it did save me $800. I’ve always heard not to buy a extended warranty that is not from the manufacturer but I’m happy the way this turned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,797 Posts
I just bought an ASC extended warranty from the used car dealer that sold me my 2010 X5 with 96,000 miles. This week the water pump failed and they covered the pump no questions asked ($800) and the shop said they were surprisingly easy to work with. They didn’t cover fluids, diagnostics, or the expansion tank that cracked but it did save me $800. I’ve always heard not to buy a extended warranty that is not from the manufacturer but I’m happy the way this turned out.
So how does OP buy an ASC warranty if OP already owns the car? Does he need to re-buy the car from them? FWIW- many companies to avoid getting defrauded will not sell a warranty to an owner not already covered- many buyers think nothing of buying a warranty AFTER the car has an issue, then submitting the claim. With a dealer involved, they may share contractual obligation for fraud if they sell a warranty for a car with a known issue.

Your ACS covered 800 on a repair the BMW one would have covered $1800-2000. That might be why people suggest the BMW backed plans.... however, importantly, at 9 years and 96k miles you cannot buy any BMW plan.

·
Registered
2010 X5 E70 6 cyl gas
58 Posts
I am not sure what the OP can do, but they could call ASC at PH: (800) 442-7116 and see if it is possible to buy from a local policy seller. It may not work but it is worth a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts