BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

extened warranty options

1697 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  HPIA4v2
I am looking for warranty options for a 2016 X5m. My warranty expires in feb 2020. My local BMW dealer in lincoln, Ne told me that there are two kinds of warranties. one is from BMW itself and the other is from the dealership. The dealership does not have warranties for X5M's. right from the horses mouth. What other option outside of BMW are there? What has anyone done?

THx.:dunno:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
If you are interested in a BMW extended warranty or maintenance program ( realize they are separate things), you do NOT have to purchase from that dealership. Yes, they will be obligated to honor it if you so choose.
As for third party, there are a few.
Do a general search throughout the entire forum, it has been discussed exhaustively.
You will also find a number of recommendations and results of usage.
I have look. either my search sucks or nothing is out there. i know its me. i get nothing on search.
If you are interested in a BMW extended warranty or maintenance program ( realize they are separate things), you do NOT have to purchase from that dealership. Yes, they will be obligated to honor it if you so choose.
As for third party, there are a few.
Do a general search throughout the entire forum, it has been discussed exhaustively.
You will also find a number of recommendations and results of usage.
The last time I looked, there is BMW extended warranty classify as Platinum, Gold and Silver. This one is through BMWNA so good in all BMW dealer networks. The Gold is good enough for most since it covers drive-train ans moving parts. The Platinum extends to electronics and multimedia. I forget what Silver entails.

The other is 3rd party, I believe this is the one your dealer offers as well; all repair has to be done by that dealer or they are not covered.
You may as well go to your credit-union or Route66

GL

THx. where do i get a list of what is specifically covered under each warranty. Are u on a extended warranty? what did you do?
I'd say the best would be checking with either CA or SA at your dealer. Things change over the years, for example CPO used to be 2-year after original warranty expires now BMWFS limits that to 1-yr after 2017.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.