BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow esteemed Z4 owners,

I have a 2011 sDrive23i with its service/warranty packages ending in March 2017. It covers mileage of up to 120K km and i am now at the 105.6K km mark.

Before posting this thread, i have also read on the topic below:-

"http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853054"

I have enquired with the authorised dealer (AD) on the current packages' extension and the following are the cost involved:-

Service Package (BSI)
a. 2 years till March 2019 or 160K km - $2199 USD
b. 4 years till March 2021 or 200K km - $4936 USD

Warranty Package (BRI)
a. 1 year (could be 2 years cos there seem to be a typo error but will check with AD tmw) till March 2018 or 200K km - $2613 USD

I have claimed warranty before at the 90K km mark for a new engine. That incident was handled quite professionally and within weeks i collected my Z4. Hence, i am quite inclined on getting the warranty + 2-year service packages, largely for a peace of mind.

While i am not really savvy about the mechanical aspects of a car, i think that i would be needing the following repairs/replacements within the next 2 years:-

1. Clutch plates
2. Timing belt/chain
3. Brake pads
4. All other consumables (engine oil, brake fluids, transmission fluid etc)

Are these package costs on the high side? Should i re-consider?

I know my current packages still have another 5 months to run but I will need to decide by 28th Oct 2016 as the costs will be revised upwards on 1st Nov 2016. Please advise, thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Service and Warranty Packages Coverage

Here are the info.

In any case, i have already paid for the service package.

Warranty.... still undecided.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
both of those combined don't seem to be as complete as the standard warranty. especially for that price. i'm really in the middle on that. BUT if any 1 or 2 major problems happen, you've got your money.
i'd wait until later, rather than a few days. "price will soon increase" is also a marketing technique.
my warranty is up in may17. tough decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts