BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Extremely noisy brake noise!

858 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  SweetWillie
Please don't hate on me if there is another thread or a solution or whatever. Just delete it.

My 2014 435i developed a severe, and extremely embarrassing brake squeak. This noise just suddenly reared its noisy head.
Been to the dealers where they supposedly oiled and lubricated all the relevant components. No luck.
Took it back and the service manager alluded to the fact BMW USA do not want to fix any break problems as far as complaints about noisy squealing noises. Not their problem and they think it is normal. (M Sport Brakes.)
The car first went in under warranty - no luck.
Now out of warranty - where I will pay for it - they don't want to touch it.

PLEASE, PLEASE i need a solution
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
They won't touch it for me too. I got the noise issue for years. I believe it is because the pads are designed for aggressive driving and will squeal loudly under slow and gradual stopping condition. They don't have other kind of pads to offer other than the aggressive OEM pads, thus they won't help you.

When do you hear the noise? When you slowly come to a stop?

If it is the slowly come to a stop noise, I found my solution recently by changing my pads to carbon fiber ceramic pads.

Below is what I said in another thread:

" I just got PowerStop from Amazon and it only cost me ~$80 using Prime shipping.

Front:https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LYQN9SW?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

Back: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CFLA20E?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

The back was on sales for ~$30.

After properly cleaning and lube all contact parts, for ~2 weeks of driving not a single noise.

Stopping power is the same for me for day to day driving.

But, I have read that ceramic pads are not good for track.*

I decided not to change rotors (they are above minimum) and I reused sensors. Not doing the pads break-in process either. So far so good."
Please don't hate on me if there is another thread or a solution or whatever. Just delete it.

My 2014 435i developed a severe, and extremely embarrassing brake squeak. This noise just suddenly reared its noisy head.
Been to the dealers where they supposedly oiled and lubricated all the relevant components. No luck.
Took it back and the service manager alluded to the fact BMW USA do not want to fix any break problems as far as complaints about noisy squealing noises. Not their problem and they think it is normal. (M Sport Brakes.)
The car first went in under warranty - no luck.
Now out of warranty - where I will pay for it - they don't want to touch it.

PLEASE, PLEASE i need a solution
I had the squeal on my rear brakes which were replaced (under warranty) and the problem went away. Now I have it on one of my front brakes. Obviously M Sport before anyone asks.
Alot of people have this issue with brake squeel.

The first year there was no noise on my car, but then it came also. A bit anoying, your car sounds very cheap at that moment when you are stopping slowly on a red light to an crowdy intersection :)

I recently changed my pads and ditched the OEM pad for EBC pads.
No noise so far. And ALOT less brake dust. If i knew this i did it 10k earlyer.

I think once the noise is started you can take the pads out and grease them again, but eventually the noise will come back on OEM pads.
Thanks to everyone that replied!

Yes hard breaking- no noise.
Coming to a stop in normal (slow) driving, it sounds like a just ran over a banshee. Needles to say EVERYONE look at you and try not to laugh.
I am going to get the different pads as recommended and give it a try.

Thanks guys!!!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.