BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK boys & girls...:beerchug:
...I have this guy at BMW, known him for a long time... a real company "man", an insider's "insider" and he told me that BMW has settled on a TRI-TURBO INLINE 6 :yikes:for the "F" series M3, and said it is a fire-breathing torque monster with the HP boosted real nice.:thumbup:

Beware AMG, CTS-V & GT500/Ford/Shelby.;):spank:

You heard it 1st @ Bimmerfest:roundel:

·
energetik9
2,361 Posts
This has been in the rumor mill for some time. There were some articles floating around about 4-5 months ago reporting the same thing. A tri-turbo, two being forced induction and the third an electric turbo. That being said, and no offense, there are always "inside sources" reporting allegedly factual information. Some end of being true, many not really.

·
energetik9
2,361 Posts
I highly doubt that the new M3 will out-muscle, or out run (at least in a straight line) an AMG Mercedes, Cadillac CTS-V, or GT500 Shelby Mustang...
I suspect it will be close. Most of what I hear is that the next M3 will be in the low 4's. The closest AMG competitor is the C63 and as the M3 is already faster in the e9x form, I would guess that it will remain true.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
No surprise given the CAFE standards. I suspect BMW will only be 4 and 6 bangers before long.
I totally agree - although I think there will be a place for V8s, too. I think BMW is going to introduce a lot more diesels in the U.S. market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.