BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mod Please place in DIY section.

1) Remove Engine cover. Simply pull up on it.
2) Loosen 8 T-25 screws around top of air filter housing.
3) Loosen clamp on hose going to air filter housing with a screw driver.
4) Lift off top of air filter housing. The top contains the air filter which is glued to a piece of hard black plastic pushed into the top housing. There is a spot at the corner to insert a flat screwdriver and pry it out.
5) After prying it out you will see a smaller charcoal filter which I don't think gets replaced as I could find no part number or mention of on realoem.
6) Put new filter in and reverse steps.
7) Filter part numbers are 13717577457 (Cylinders 1-4 Passenger Side) and 1377577458 (Cylinders 5-8 Drivers Side).

Cheapest place to purchase is the bmwpartsstore.com for $20.83 each.

Hope this helps. It's pretty easy once figuring it out.
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part
Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Personal luxury car
Auto part Radiator
Wood Floor
Autoharp
Jeans Hand Sleeve Trousers T-shirt

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where to buy Filters

Found these OEM replacements for $23.91 Each from www.rmeuropean.com. Free shipping if you spend $65. I bought the micro filters for 29.68 to get free shipping (part number 64119163329)

Part numbers are: 13717577457 (cylinders 1-4) Passenger side
13717577458 (cylinders 5-8) Driver's side

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,231 Posts
Mod Please place in DIY section.

1) Remove Engine cover. Simply pull up on it.
2) Loosen 8 T-25 screws around top of air filter housing.
3) Loosen clamp on hose going to air filter housing with a screw driver.
4) Lift off top of air filter housing. The top contains the air filter which is glued to a piece of hard black plastic pushed into the top housing. There is a spot at the corner to insert a flat screwdriver and pry it out.
5) After prying it out you will see a smaller charcoal filter which I don't think gets replaced as I could find no part number or mention of on realoem.
6) Put new filter in and reverse steps.
7) Filter part numbers are 13717577457 (Cylinders 1-4 Passenger Side) and 1377577458 (Cylinders 5-8 Drivers Side).

Cheapest place to purchase is the bmwpartsstore.com for $20.83 each.

Hope this helps. It's pretty easy once figuring it out.
View attachment 423179 View attachment 423180 View attachment 423181 View attachment 423182 View attachment 423183 View attachment 423184 View attachment 423185

Wow.... All of that just to change these sh1ts out.

Guess I'll be ordering these tomorrow. Because I may as well have new ones on hand in case mine are dirty.

Thanks for the helpful info man! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would add one more thing.....reset the Engine Air Filter in the Service Menu. Totally optional though.
The engine air filter and the cabin air filter does not come up in the condition based service menu on the F01/F02....at least not on the 2009. Anybody have this option on a newer model?

·
BiMMER4EVER
130 Posts
The engine air filter and the cabin air filter does not come up in the condition based service menu on the F01/F02....at least not on the 2009. Anybody have this option on a newer model?
Spark plugs, micro filter and air filter doesn't come up in the F02. I too have a 2009 model but I also checked with the other model it's the same

·
Registered
281 Posts
Spark plugs, micro filter and air filter doesn't come up in the F02. I too have a 2009 model but I also checked with the other model it's the same
My 2009 just went in for rear brakes and the SA told me that it is calling for plugs with my next oil change interval. My microfilter was replaced per CBS data during my last visit. So the info is being stored somewhere since he read it off the key.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Cons? Perhaps air pollution...in this day and age, immorality!

No kidding! Removing that charcoal filter was always the first thing I did for every 750 that I owned. Only US cars have this filter. That's a concrete evidence that there should be no downside to the engine, only upside. More air, more power. This is the same principal for these combustion engines since the 60s.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Cons? Perhaps air pollution...in this day and age, immorality!

No kidding! Removing that charcoal filter was always the first thing I did for every 750 that I owned. Only US cars have this filter. That's a concrete evidence that there should be no downside to the engine, only upside. More air, more power. This is the same principal for these combustion engines since the 60s.
Wow! Thanks!

Does this impact annual inspection?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.