BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having difficulty coding my F10, build Nov 2014, using E-sys 3.27.1 and PSdZData lite v59.5. Followed all instructions as best as I could. I completed the following, Read FA > Read SVT > Read Coding Data > Edit the code I want > Save > Back > Activate FA > Code ECU module (not just the CAFD). Right after coding, I noticed that none of the changes are coded. The log that comes up in the pop-up shows the following line:

"VCM Update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated. [C197]"

Everything seems straight forward, but somehow nothing is changed. Pretty much new to coding, does anyone know why it's not working?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Prefacing this by saying that I am just a novice, I don't think your command order is correct.

Read FA > Activate FA > Read SVT > Pick module > Read coding Data > Select module file, Edit Codes > Save > back > Code FDL

·
Super Moderator
7,082 Posts
I am having difficulty coding my F10, build Nov 2014, using E-sys 3.27.1 and PSdZData lite v59.5. Followed all instructions as best as I could. I completed the following, Read FA > Read SVT > Read Coding Data > Edit the code I want > Save > Back > Activate FA > Code ECU module (not just the CAFD). Right after coding, I noticed that none of the changes are coded. The log that comes up in the pop-up shows the following line:

"VCM Update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated. [C197]"

Everything seems straight forward, but somehow nothing is changed. Pretty much new to coding, does anyone know why it's not working?
[C197] Occurs because you have VCM Update unchecked in options. This is recommended and only needs to be checked when flash programming.

"Code" is used to VO Code (ie apply FA-Editor or unedited FA to ECU's).
"Code FDL" is used to FDL Code (ie apply changes made in FDL-Editor).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Noticed the different instructions on when to Activate FA, but will keep it in mind as an option. Thanks for the help everyone, the "Code FDL" instead of simply "Code" and checking the VCM Update was the key.

·
Super Moderator
7,082 Posts
Noticed the different instructions on when to Activate FA, but will keep it in mind as an option. Thanks for the help everyone, the "Code FDL" instead of simply "Code" and checking the VCM Update was the key.
:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts