BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else but I've found a guy who is going to do some coding on my 2011 f10. The main thing I've asked for is the halos to be turned up to 100% but I think I should do a few other things whilst I'm at it. Only thing is I don't have a clue what I want. Can anyone offer some suggestions for handy/cool things to be done?

Regards

Campbell

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else but I've found a guy who is going to do some coding on my 2011 f10. The main thing I've asked for is the halos to be turned up to 100% but I think I should do a few other things whilst I'm at it. Only thing is I don't have a clue what I want. Can anyone offer some suggestions for handy/cool things to be done?

Regards

Campbell
I did most things.....

Sport Auto
Paddle shifters (after upgrading the steering wheel)
British English voice
Folding mirrors
100% corona rings
Trunk close from fob and inside switch
DVD in-motion
Getting rid of the disclaimer screen

Just off the top of my head...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is an m sport so already has paddles and sport mode. Doesn't have power boot or mirrors I don't think.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The most obvious that I thought was needed was tire pressure info, doors unlock when shutting down car (car does not have comfort access), folding mirrors when locked, trunk open/close by fob, bright halos, memorizes last start mode, DVD in motion and no more disclaimer screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Remote coding

Anyone here offer remote coding? I bought the cable over a month ago and have been too nervous or too scared to try. I have a 2013 f10.

Thanks!!

·
Yabba Dabba Doo!
363 Posts
Anyone here offer remote coding? I bought the cable over a month ago and have been too nervous or too scared to try. I have a 2013 f10.

Thanks!!
Send fellow member Octopump a message. He works remotely and coded my F10 last Fall. I got everything coded listed above and much, much more. Octopump is a very efficient, professional and genuine guy.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
+1 octopump, a knowledgable gentleman and charges fairly.

He simply has a speedy menu so you can choose all that you like. Remotely.

I too got the above listed by mike, plus changed the unlocking options, warning tone to that of a roll's" harp tone" less jarring, and most important, the euro headlight options for active beam paatern changing.

I cannot express how even the minor changes, like boot close with fob, really make a difference, daily.

·
Registered
374 Posts
octopump is the guy who did my coding. He is the best. Very professional.
+1 he did both my cars and is highly recommended

·
Premium Member
708 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
+1 octopump, a knowledgable gentleman and charges fairly.

He simply has a speedy menu so you can choose all that you like. Remotely.

I too got the above listed by mike, plus changed the unlocking options, warning tone to that of a roll's" harp tone" less jarring, and most important, the euro headlight options for active beam paatern changing.

I cannot express how even the minor changes, like boot close with fob, really make a difference, daily.
***8805; I am interested in what you mean by "the euro headlight options of active beam pattern changing".

·
Registered
667 Posts
***8805; I am interested in what you mean by "the euro headlight options of active beam pattern changing".
If you have a US car with Adaptive Headlights-- the anti-dazzlw feature has been DECODED:

"5AP Decoding For No-dazzle High-beam As -- Dekodierung Blendfreier Fernlichtas" and "Decoding Variable Light Distributio -- Decodierung Variable Lichtverteilun"

It can be REcoded-- while not "legal" in the USA, it seems to work pretty well-- not perfect by any means, but I use it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts