BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 121K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
24,000 Posts
What frequency does the keyfob use in North American F10's with comfort access? My key fob states nothing as its a generic key from China.
I believe that three frequencies are used by the fob's, depending on which function is considered. 125KHz, and 868 MHz, and ... sorry I forget.

There's ID function, remote Go and remote Start that I recall.

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
If you decode your VIN on one of the VIN decoding sites (like www.mdecoder.com)...you can scroll down and look for the frequency your car uses...if in the US/North America...it should be option code: S876A Radio frequency 315 MHz

Or if you use one of the online part database sites (like realoem.com or bmwfans.info, or bimmercat.com)...it should give you this info if you pull up the remote key diagram using the last 7 digits of your VIN. The remote key diagram is located in 41 BODY WORK main group. Scroll down to the part nbr index...and the supplemental column will list the radio frequency for your remote system:

Example below if for my f06 (VIN= D098676)..you can see that it operates on 315 MHz...it is listed in the "extra info" column:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.