BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have bought a BMW F10 (2010 plate. 530Diesel

Received this warning error and lost power to the car. 2/52 ago.

It would not start and the engine would not turn.

The car prior to this used to shake in idle previously.

Car was towed to my home, to be then towed to the garage.

On receipt of the garage. The following changes had been made.

-They had changed the battery as it had completely powered down. On changing car still would not start.

-Identified a fault with one injector - this had been changed. Car still would not start.

-Glow plugs examined and no fault found.

-diagnosis had stated could be high pressure fuel pump/injector

-identified further 4 injectors were also not working and. These had been changed. Engine still not turning.

-high pressure fuel pump changed. Engine still not turning.

Garage advised to take the car to BMW however I am expected to pay for the above work with the problem of the car still not starting. I am in dispute with the garage due to this poor diagnosis and methodology of fixing the vehicle.

Does anyone have any appropriate advice of what could be causing this issue. And a solution to get this car started again ?

The vehicle has done 93k.

I'm extremely upset and need some mechanical mastermind / technical knowledge as the garage maybe incompetent with their work.

Please I ask you all for some good advice

·
Registered
22 Posts
When the garage told you about their diagnosis, did you agree to them replacing the parts every time? Seems like you went to an independent rather than BMW, which is fine if they know what they're talking about. The problem you now have is that you've had a bunch of parts replaced due to misdiagnosis that you have to pay for, and still in the situation where you have to likely take it to BMW.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@rdo87. I agreed to some parts but not all. They initially manually found the injector at fault on their injector leak test, with then further injectors found faulty. They then used a 3rd party company that has BMW official software and advised the fault may lay with the fuel pump. Have compromised a cost with this garage and will now take it to BMW for reassessment

1 - 3 of 3 Posts