BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

0xD02D07 - Interface EPS (actual steering torque, driver, actuator, 49.0.2): invalid signal
0xD019C3 - Interface EPS (actual steering torque, driver, actuator, 49.0.2): invalid signal

After replacing the EPS rack in my car, I have not been able to get coding working correctly. The electric motor does not engage (steering light is on and errors are present). After running ISTA/P, the EPS module was supposedly encoded correctly, and no longer showed errors in ISTA/D related to encoding. The only thing that was left was to perform the End Stop Teach In.

Unfortunately, without the electric motor engaging, the wheel detects a "stop" almost immediately due the the force it takes to turn the wheel. Teach-in failed every time. On one discrete startup (I believe it was after the first hour and a half long ISTA/P session), the car started up and the steering rack was responsive. When the car started up again though, the light came back on and the electric motor was not assisting with steering. I tried performing the End Stop procedure from ISTA/D but with similar results. I have not been able to get the car to start again with a responsive rack even after resetting fault codes.

Just in case it matters, when I removed the original rack, the spindle pulled out/away from the wheel and was free. I had to knock it back in to reconnect the wheel to the new rack and did not get it lined up perfectly. Because of this, the wheel sits about 10 degrees right when the wheels are in forward position.

·
Registered
371 Posts
BMW tech here,,,,did you get a factory EPS or a aftermarket one,,,,,if it is a factory one,,,,did you perform a battery reset and recode it again,,,,see if that work,,,,if not there a possibility that the EPS is faulty,,,,it happens,,,,my blog page Bmwtechnician . com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys need some help here

I bought a 2014 528xi drive 2 months ago, when i bought it the steering wheel was okay and later after one month it started feeling stiffer while making turns took it to a dealer and found issue with the steering rack and got it fixed by a mechanic outside with a h=genuine part. I got my car and didn't heard the binding sound when I'm steering the wheel but the wheel feels stiff. Can anyone suggest what is causing the stiffness even after changing the power steering rack.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
BMW tech here,,,,did you get a factory EPS or a aftermarket one,,,,,if it is a factory one,,,,did you perform a battery reset and recode it again,,,,see if that work,,,,if not there a possibility that the EPS is faulty,,,,it happens,,,,my blog page Bmwtechnician . com

Hi,

Can you help me with the below code and exact issue.

CD951B
242A00

Thanks,

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Hi,

Can you help me with the below code and exact issue.

CD951B
242A00

Thanks,
Here’s a link to a BMW fault code decoding website…feel free to save it to your bookmarks/favorites for future use:
This site will decode generic “P” codes as well as BMW hex codes. Don’t forget to click the links under VIEW so that you can see details about the code and possible solutions…and sometimes there are multiple links…click on all of them for the best uses of the site.

Reactions: Doug Huffman

·
Registered
1 Posts
now i have same this problem, how can i fix it
,please help, i change 2 power steering ,but everyting is same code :cry::cry::cry:
It Code ICM And EPS
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

0xD02D07 - Interface EPS (actual steering torque, driver, actuator, 49.0.2): invalid signal
0xD019C3 - Interface EPS (actual steering torque, driver, actuator, 49.0.2): invalid signal

After replacing the EPS rack in my car, I have not been able to get coding working correctly. The electric motor does not engage (steering light is on and errors are present). After running ISTA/P, the EPS module was supposedly encoded correctly, and no longer showed errors in ISTA/D related to encoding. The only thing that was left was to perform the End Stop Teach In.

Unfortunately, without the electric motor engaging, the wheel detects a "stop" almost immediately due the the force it takes to turn the wheel. Teach-in failed every time. On one discrete startup (I believe it was after the first hour and a half long ISTA/P session), the car started up and the steering rack was responsive. When the car started up again though, the light came back on and the electric motor was not assisting with steering. I tried performing the End Stop procedure from ISTA/D but with similar results. I have not been able to get the car to start again with a responsive rack even after resetting fault codes.

Just in case it matters, when I removed the original rack, the spindle pulled out/away from the wheel and was free. I had to knock it back in to reconnect the wheel to the new rack and did not get it lined up perfectly. Because of this, the wheel sits about 10 degrees right when the wheels are in forward position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts