BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been searching for a while but can't find a definitive answer to my question.

I want to upgrade my halogen headlights on my f10 m sport. It's a 2011 model and has halogen headlights and halo rings. Is it possible to upgrade to led rings ? I assume the hid low beams won't be an issue but I can't find a reputable seller or any posts from people who have changed the bulbs on the led rings. So has anyone done this and if so what is a reputable seller to buy from in Australia? Apologies if there is a heap of info out there on this but I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks for all help in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used to have a 2011 model with halogen. The HID for low beam are easy to do, as long as the product is solid. I've had mine upgrade for 2 years and they were still working when i sold the car. The corona however is a different story...I've tried everything that i could think of..and close to impossible to change them...the risk of destroying the headlight are very high.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn! I presumed there would be a straight forward solution to this. So you rekon there is no way to do this really?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The ones in the picture are HID for low beam which replaced the halogen bulb. The actual led from the corona is the original. I don't recommend changing the corona led and In all fairness..I've never seen anyone succeeding this...no pics online etc. As far as i know there are heating and voltage issues which might affect badly ure overall electronics. Reading about the risk..i took the decision to not do it:) it's obviously up to u

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I'm aware that its disastrous to change the led in the lee models but my f10 has halogen rings which I assume are h8 bulbs. Is it possible to change these for cree LEDs?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a e60 halogen ... and i destroyed my headlight from led overheat the plastic wires

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts