Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guyes!

I am in middle of retrofit sa316 power trunk.

I have done the coding part correct, from what I can see. Two more problems I have, see picture below:

This is one problem, and that is why my trunk does not close complet. It will leave it with a smal gap. From what I can see all of that part of wiring is correct. I followed this diy:

https://f10.5post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1291927&d=1443726628

Can not figure out what would be the problem here.

Second problem is the button on the trunk that needs to be wired also, I am a bit confused since I have the sa316 with only one button, and not two. (I dont have comfort access).
The wiring for this button makes me confused, I don’t know where to wiring it correct. The diy is a bit hard to read correct for me.

I added 316 to salap, vo coded hkfm module and then vo coded cas.

It is only this fault I have now, (see picture and the last bit of wiring)

Hope someone can help me with this.

Best regards

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try coding JBBF also, the button you have, please send image, did the car already have any button there before ?

Hi, I coded jbbf right now, now it is all green. Before hkl was yellow because of that signal invalid error. So coded jbbf like you say. I initialisatied the power trunk with ista. No I have read that I have to wait 1 hour for the trunk to work perfect. I had to close the trunk manually now, anyway, I will go down to the car in 1 hour.

This is the module trees after everything is ok.

Now the last thing would be the button in the lid, this is how the button I have look like. I did not have any power trunk before this retrofit. It is all from scratch.

And this is the cable with pins how it looked when I bought the kit.

Any inputs?

Regards

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pin1 (Brown/Green) goes to Pin 2 on the Lock mechanism which is a -ve
Pin2 (Yellow/Grey) goes to Pin 2 of the outside boot switch which would also be a -ve
Pin3 (Red/Yellow) goes to Fuse F153 or Pin 3 on the HKFM 10 pin connector

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, you don't need to wait an hour, after initialisation it should all work fine

Thanks mate. This is how I connected the button. But..it does not work. I think maby the button is ”burned”

And, the trunk works good when close with key-fob. But it still does not close complete. I did record it but can not put it up here on the forum. I uploaded it on youtube. Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/vbvlFYsMGa8

Regards.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is the button illuminated orange when the boot is open, if not check Pins 1 and 3 for -ve and +ve, if illuminated, press button for longer and check pin 2 for -ve when pressed.
Regarding boot closing, you need to adjust the boot lid, there are 3 bolts either side attaching the boot lid to the arms, you need to adjust these so that the boot lid is further forward, you may then need to adjust the boot latch also

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the button illuminated orange when the boot is open, if not check Pins 1 and 3 for -ve and +ve, if illuminated, press button for longer and check pin 2 for -ve when pressed.
Regarding boot closing, you need to adjust the boot lid, there are 3 bolts either side attaching the boot lid to the arms, you need to adjust these so that the boot lid is further forward, you may then need to adjust the boot latch also

The problem from the begining with the button was that I took +power from Fuse 155(15A) and maby that burned the button because it does not illuminate at all. And the fuse you talk about has a 5A fuse, which should have been better. 15A may have been to strong.

And the boot does close normal if I press the last bit by my self. It just does not go the last bit if not pressed manually.

·
Registered
52 Posts
15amp or 5amp would make no difference, it would not blow the button, take it off and manually apply -ve and +ve to pins 1 and 3, if the button illuminates, then check pin 2 when you press it.
Your video shows the boot closing without you touching it - don't understand the problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
15amp or 5amp would make no difference, it would not blow the button, take it off and manually apply -ve and +ve to pins 1 and 3, if the button illuminates, then check pin 2 when you press it.
Your video shows the boot closing without you touching it - don't understand the problem.

Thanks mate. I will check this up and be back with how it goes.

Yes, when close with key fob, it closes but it will leave it with smal gap like shown in picture, then the last smal gap I have to press down manually. Then the trunk locks like it should shown in video.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have the correct lock installed? You need a different lock on F10 IIRC

There is only two locks, with and without sa316.

This kit I bought was from a pre-lci f10 5-series. I can not see why it would not work for my pre-lci?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did you change the top trunk lid lock with the appropriate one (part number 51247269543)?
It seems that your lock does not perform the last stage motion when closing the trunk lid (is not pulling the lid down).
The lock remains in preclosed position and the soft close action of the trunk lid is not performed.
Possible causes:
-wrong lock part number,
-faulty lock mechanism (microswitches).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you change the top trunk lid lock with the appropriate one (part number 51247269543)?
It seems that your lock does not perform the last stage motion when closing the trunk lid (is not pulling the lid down).
The lock remains in preclosed position and the soft close action of the trunk lid is not performed.
Possible causes:
-wrong lock part number,
-faulty lock mechanism (microswitches).

Yes, this kit was bought on ebay. From a f10 5-series with SA316. Pre-lci like my.

Yes, the lock is also installed and the pins a put in like the diy from that I posted earlier in this post.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think that the preclose position on the trunk lid lock is not detected, so the soft close function is not triggered.
For better understanding of how this works:

"Powertrain for Automatic Soft Close system, tailgate
The Automatic Soft Close system minimises the effort required when closing. When using the Automatic Soft Close system, it is sufficient to lightly press the tailgate into the tailgate lock. Once the locking pawl reaches the preclosed position, the Automatic Soft Close system fully closes the tailgate. The locking pawl is then in the closed position.

Functional description
The electronics for controlling and monitoring the soft close function are located in the tailgate Automatic Soft Close system drive. The sensor system for the Automatic Soft Close system is located in the tailgate lock. The sensor system consists of a group of microswitches (locking pawl switch and rotary striker switch). The position of the rotary striker is recorded with the locking pawl switch (open, preclosed, closed).

The drive is connected to terminal 30B. The fuse is located in the rear power distribution box.

When the locking pawl switch is actuated by the tailgate being lightly pressed into tailgate lock (the tailgate is then in the preclosed position), the tailgate Automatic Soft Close system drive is triggered. The drive electronics initiate the tailgate lock closing action. The drive moves the rotary striker via a Bowden cable far enough for the locking pawl switch and rotary striker switch to indicate a change in status. The lock pin is then engaged in the rotary striker and secured. Activation of the drive is stopped. In order not to obstruct the opening procedure, the drive reverses and again releases the Bowden cable.

It is still always possible to close the tailgate by hand.

The tailgate Automatic Soft Close system drive has a repeat interlock which prevents the drive from overheating. After activation and 10 operations (counter up to 10 increments), the drive is electrically blocked for approx. 20 seconds. The drive can then be reactivated."

1 - 20 of 66 Posts