Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all - have been a recent lurker in the F06 forums since I'm considering getting a CPO 2016 F06.

I've had my current 2013 F10 550i for the past 3 years - bought it CPO with extended warranty which expires in about 2 months. Even though the N63 engine in the F10 hasn't caused any issues (yet!), but I'm pretty certain I don't want to drive it around without warranty + it drinks gas and engine oil like nobody's business! And extending the warranty (3rd party) is super expensive.

So long story short, in the market for a CPO F06 and I found one that I like - 2016 F06 640i GC, fully loaded (every option in the car except BMW Individual!) and has ~29K miles on it. Going for ~$44K.

Two questions for your expert opinion -
1) What do you think of the pricing?
2) What are the common issues in the 2016 F06 640 GC that I need to keep an eye out for? I've heard of the window issues but anything else?

I will get extended warranty + tire/wheel insurance so hopefully that covers me for almost all issues, but nevertheless, would love to get your thoughts and opinions!

Thanks much!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Window issues happen but you just need to replace the regulator i think the 16" models shouldnt have that issue

Boost Solenoid noise buzzing , you need to replace the solenoid , cost about $200 and its held in place by two 10mm bolts from the top of the engine its DIY when you have time and patience

Seat movement , the seats on the chassis tend to move left to right while driving , theres a fix on the forum i added a bit too it, its just putting some grease on the seat bushing underneath.

Sun roof does not open all the way ONLY TILTS " This is how its designed"

No Power Trunk which is annoying at times.

Besdies these quarks its nice, i'd recommend M-Pkg for appearance but for ride quality go with the 18" wheel setup :)

Also has an extremely low nose, so in winter its kinda sucks your like a snow plow :D .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much!

I agree not having the power trunk is a little annoying

1 - 3 of 3 Posts